INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PROBLEM: fps with live tv  (Read 15748 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
PROBLEM: fps with live tv
« on: July 12, 2011, 09:32:09 pm »

I have been trying to use ROHQ over the last week or so.  I have managed to get most of the issues worked out, except with live tv.  For some reason, when I try to watch our local NBC affiliate the fps drops to 5-10 frames per second.  If I switch back to RO standard, everything is fine.  

I have a EVGA 9500 GT video card.  I am running Media Center 16.128.  Downloaded AVI and MKV files, play fine (typically 60 fps).  Videos that I have recorded play at 20-30 fps.  Live TV however seems to run between 5-20 fps, with the local NBC affiliate being the worst.  I have verified that my signal strength is at 100%.

Any thoughts?

Alex

EDIT:  I wanted to add - this happens in standard view or theater view

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: PROBLEM: fps with live tv
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 09:13:48 am »

ROHQ uses FFDShow Video decoder and madVR for video rendering.  This combo requires very high CPU usage.  Live TV is particularly impacted because of its own complexity.  I am not sure how powerful your computer is.  Take a look at the resource usage during live TV playback and see if that is the problem.

You can try Red October HQ with additional filter option and select "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" for JRiver TV.  This will force the use of EVR as well (if not, you can try specifying EVR).  The Microsoft decoder and EVR combo is much less taxing to your system.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: PROBLEM: fps with live tv
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 04:42:50 pm »

I tried ROHQ and check by CPU usage and the CPU is running at about 11%.  I have an AMD Phenom II 6 core processor.  I am running Windows 7 32 bit.  It doesn't appear that my CPU is being maxed out.  What other areas should I look at?

I tried using Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and it did resolve the issue.  I am seeing 60 fps with live tv.  The local NBC station is the only station broadcasting in 1080i, so that is why that station is different from the rest. 

Thanks for the help,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up