INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of questions about modifying theatre view  (Read 1426 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
A couple of questions about modifying theatre view
« on: July 14, 2011, 06:10:15 pm »

I want to modify my theatre view a bit, especially when it comes to TV-series, I have two "problems"

1. In the File info panel I want to show how sound is encoded, and the resolution (720p, 1080p and so on). But i didn't find any suitable fields. Is this possible to do?
2. I use Sickbeard for sorting my TV-series, so I have the tings sorted like this on disk: TV/Rome/Season 1 (rome used as an example), in the folder with the series name (Rome), there is a folder.jpg, and backdrop.jpg-file, However when i go into Theatre view, and TV-series (for instance the "Season"-view), on the top level where i choose wich series to watch, I only get the thumbnail from one of the episodes wich is stored in the "thumbnail"-folder for each season. I want it to show the folder.jpg on the "top level" /where i choose which series too use), Is this possible?

rick.ca

Re: A couple of questions about modifying theatre view
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 07:35:36 pm »

1. [Compression] has both. You could add the resolution with an expression like =Replace([Compression], video:, video: [Height] )

2. No. This is essentially the same issue as discussed in Images for genres.

flac.rules

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 09:49:51 am »

1. [Compression] has both. You could add the resolution with an expression like =Replace([Compression], video:, video: [Height] )

2. No. This is essentially the same issue as discussed in Images for genres.

1. THanks for the info. But  i see a possible problem, forist of all, only sone of my videos have the dimension-info, I don't know the reason for this, but maybe not everything is scanned. But anyhow, wouldn't height just give the "real" height of the video. Ideally i would like have it show "720P" also for movies. However, as you know, 720P-videos are not really 720 in height. However i guess this could be fixed by an espression of the type "if width is 1920, display 1080p" or similar.

2. I will continue the thread you pointed out.

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 02:33:21 pm »

But  i see a possible problem, forist of all, only sone of my videos have the dimension-info, I don't know the reason for this, but maybe not everything is scanned.

True. It seems MC scan fails to get this for many videos. I hadn't noticed because I import MediaInfo data from Personal Video Database. As a separate issue, we might wonder why MC cannot get the same information MediaInfo does.

However, as you know, 720P-videos are not really 720 in height.

Actually, I don't know. I'd rather just have the truth. ;)

flac.rules

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 06:32:09 am »

Hmm, I not sure if I'm being clear, or what the truth really is :) But the essence is that video has a lot of different aspect ratios, and the constant factor is the width, not the height, 1080P is used for video that is 1920 in width, and has a lot of different heights (1080 in the special case of 16:9), likewise 720p is used about video with 1280 in width (pretty stupid, but more or less the standard way to do it)

I will check out PVD and see if I find it useful. Both for this, and the other "problems" i have with theatre view and meta-data.

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 12:33:16 am »

Fine. My new "Definition" field (with line breaks for readability) is...

Code: [Select]
If(IsEqual([File Type], log), ,
If(IsEqual([MediaInfo.Ignore], ignore),
If(IsEqual([Width.trailer], 1920), 1080p,
If(IsEqual([Height.trailer], 1000, 6), 1080p,
If(IsEqual([Width.trailer], 1280), 720p,
If(IsEqual([Height.trailer], 700, 6), 720p,
If(IsEqual([Width.trailer], 600, 6), 480p, 
If(IsEqual([Width.trailer], 400, 6), 320p, 240p)))))),
If(IsEqual([Width.x], 1920), 1080p,
If(IsEqual([Height.x], 1000, 6), 1080p,
If(IsEqual([Width.x], 1280), 720p,
If(IsEqual([Height.x], 700, 6), 720p,
If(IsEqual([Width.x], 600, 6), 480p, 
If(IsEqual([Width.x], 400, 6), 320p, 240p))))))))

Hope you're happy now.  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up