INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming video over library server  (Read 902 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Streaming video over library server
« on: July 15, 2011, 11:28:08 am »

First of all, y'all consistently keep outdoing yourselves!!  Been using library server/client at work for close to a year now and I just tried playing a DVD from my collection--there it is.  Streaming.

I'm having a video playback issue that seems like a quick fix, I just need to know what to do.  The video that plays through MC on my work computer is slightly skewed/zoomed/adjusted.  I reset aspect ratio, zoom, and anything else I could find.  Nothing seems to fix this.  Do I need to explain the issue more or is this a well known potential problem?  Using Red October Standard.

Spectacular work JRiver team!  Love the constant improvements!  Let me know when you have an auto-renewal system in place!

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Streaming video over library server
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 02:48:53 pm »

Benn the DVD that's streaming was it instant? meaning you didn't have to wait for buffering? what size is the dvd?
what version jriver you running?
If so can i ask what your home/work speeds are. and if there are any settings i need to do on server/clients to accomplish this?

Thanks

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 01:30:25 pm »

There was a delay but the server is not encoding it because the CPU is minimal.  I have a 2mpbs upload on my server, although I may have access to faster very soon.  A little faster and I could just about stream them 1 to 1.

The video issue is not related to the DVDs directly.  All video I play on my work machine is moved down about 50%, skewed slightly, and just not right.  I see about the top half of the video (top half of my screen is black).  Horizontal and vertical position settings are both at 0,0 too.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 01:49:38 pm »

thanks for info.. yeah i only have 860 up... been itchin for faster ups, but no go where i live... will just have to wait i guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up