INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugplayer only plays one track  (Read 4628 times)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Plugplayer only plays one track
« on: May 20, 2011, 09:11:28 am »

Hi all, Has a solution to this problem been found.
An old post is here where Bob was looking into the problem.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60285.0

This would be a great solution to using MC with an iphone.

Rgds Ross

rossp

• MC Beta Team
Re: Plugplayer only plays one track
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 12:38:08 pm »

bump

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 01:41:27 pm »

bump
I told them we had playlist support but didn't get a reply.

We are also waiting on them to fix the base URL override so it applies to all of the supplied resources (i.e. cover-art). He must be busy...

pcstockton

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 03:12:49 pm »

Nothing has changed on this playlist issue with PP 3.6.0 or MC 16 (newest build).

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!! I can say you did something with MC16 that has DRAMATICALLY improved the album art quality.  It is a stunning as it is with Remote or simply picture viewing. 

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if we could only get MC's playlist over to PP....

Cheers,
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Funkx

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 01:12:16 am »

Hi Bob,

I asked Abramsh for the playlist-support and this is, what he wrotes: http://www.plugplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1240&sid=15a8be1cbb788a919948d9a3b38532cb

As the PlugPlayer-playlist-support works fine with the uPlayer utilising the DS-extensions, shouln't it be possible to add this also to MC?

Thanks for your comment
Funkx

pcstockton

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 05:55:38 pm »

Looks like there is a similar playlist issue with PS Audio's eLyric app.

I am looking into their DAC but wanted to try their app first with J River.  The issue is that playback stops after current track when the app is closed (but still running in background).  They think the playlist/album etc, will be loaded into the player.  Same as PP thinks.  PP has the issue of getting MC to send the MC generated playlist (Playing Now).  eLyric cant send its playlist to MC.

See thread here:
http://www.psaudio.com/ps/forum/viewthread/2262/

Paul, the CEO, thinks MC must not support playlists??  What is MC doing with playlists that is so different from everyone else?  Why do people assume you dont support playlists?

I figured I would ask here before delving deeper over there.

I think this might be the key:
From Abramash @ PP:

"The proper way to support something like that would be for the MC team to implement a playlist service like other renderer implementors have done. For example, Linn DS has a playlist service which lets the controller modify the playlist that is live on the server. PlugPlayer has support for that and it provides the experience I think you'll looking for. If MC added something like that, I'd be willing to update PlugPlayer to support it."

Any thoughts?  

I think this would help J River become the Player and Server of choice for many users of highend streamers from Linn, Naim, Boulder, PSAudio etc.

Thanks!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Funkx

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 01:42:55 pm »

I know the Team behind MC is quite small and I can imagine that it's not that easy to fit everyones needs.

BUT, MC has the best reputation as an audiophile player. That makes it way more disapointing that they focus completely on all the (nice) Video-functions rather than maximise the Audio compatibility and -functions.
And this in times where more and more Music-Server and -streamer show up and lot's of people switching to Audio-Computers and HTPCs.

Further more, they seem to ignore threads like this. Others had been threads about implementing Apples DAAP-protocols to use the Remote-app on the iPad, as other apps are not compatible with the missing playlist-support. Or threads about providing a complete iOS-app....

So please, MC-Team: make use of your USPs and satisfy your paying customers - all the HiFi- and audiophile Freaks will thank you;-)

Funkx

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 01:45:13 pm »

Bob is our developer and this is what he said above.

I told them we had playlist support but didn't get a reply.

We are also waiting on them to fix the base URL override so it applies to all of the supplied resources (i.e. cover-art). He must be busy...

We have an excellent Android solution, called Gizmo.  There is also an iPhone solution, WebRemote.

Funkx

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 02:39:58 pm »

I'm not a developer so I can't say where the problem is. In the linked post from Abramsh you can read that he tried but it seems impossible with the actual playlist implementation in MC.
They support the Linn DS extension which works flawless, but I'm not willing to buy a Linn just for the app!
Maybe this could be an easy solution?!

I don't want to harm you in any way! I love MC but in case of a missing app I had to switch to foobar (with an DAAP-plugin). I just want to go back to MC....

And talking serious: the WebRemote is a nice tool. But if you're using an iPad (which is way better than any Android tablet in the market today; and it has a marketshare of 80% what speaks for itself...) and see what's possible and which apps you can grab in the store, the WebRemote isn't the best in terms of UI, useability, dynamic workflow etc.

Again, I'm just writing this because I just want to go back to the best player BUT only with an acceptable and comfortable Remote-app.

pcstockton

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 06:52:07 pm »

I am still mostly using Foobar as well with the hijacked Remote app for the same reasons.  It is Awesome.

If Webremote had a scrollable library as Remote and PP do, I would happily use it, as clumsy and ugly as it is.  But the way is uses "Pages" is not useable for anyone with a decent sized collection.

PP is ok.
eLyric is SEXY as hell
Webremote is basically unusable.

With Foobar's Lyric support, Bios, and Remote app, it is a hand down winner.

But if MC had a legit app (not a web browser remote), or tried to get it functioning with PP, I would delete Foobar forever.

Fingers crossed,
Patrick

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 02:06:46 pm »

I looked into the Linn DS extensions, that would however not be an small change. I'm wondering about how PP does the playlists with the WDTV since it doesn't advertise those extensions and I couldn't seem to get it to work (that it should be working however is referenced here... http://plugplayer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365&start=20

BTW, I saw on the PP forum a reference to PP losing the MC server when you start and stop it. If you don't close down MC while PP is running, you should be able to resume. However, if you shut down MC when PP is running, MC's server sends a bye-bye and PP immediately grays it out in it's list

ninekit

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 02:59:45 am »

Any updates regarding the issue?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 10:06:15 am »

Any updates regarding the issue?
linn specific extensions to support playlists are on a todo list but there are a fair amount of items ahead of that.

pcstockton

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 04:03:02 pm »

KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is fantastic news Bob.

Thanks!

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 11:58:42 am »

Great to hear this is on the todo list.
How much to bump it to the top of the list - I hear pcstockton is loaded ;)

Ross

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 12:01:01 pm »

Great to hear this is on the todo list.
How much to bump it to the top of the list - I hear pcstockton is loaded ;)

Ross
Patience grasshopper, there is much to do... ;)

Robo983

• World Citizen
Re: Plugplayer
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 10:36:11 am »

Hi Bob, I am sure somewhere in the forum it has been stated why JRiver is not pursuing an iOS app that is specific to MC but I can't help wondering why you would put effort resources into LINN specific extensions vs just putting the effort into developing your own app for iOS? However I do appreciate any effort JRiver makes to give us iOS users to use MC with our devices. I am too far embedded in apps to go to an Android tablet and phone now.

I like PP but it is buggy and how many times have you had to take your time to go to Abramsh's well to find it dry for support of MC. I've spent many hours trying to keep it working with MC. When it works it seems to work but it has always been very slow to discover MC servers has frequent crashes and lockups. I have tried just about every other DLNA app except the $50 one in the store and PP seems to be the best followed by mediaconnect. Mediaconnect discovers MC fast so it makes me believe the discovery issue is PP.

There are pros and cons to all of the DNLA apps but all appear to fall short of Gizmo. I love how Jim always plugs the WebPlay anytime support for PP or another player is requested. WebRemote isn't bad and is a solid player. When I get sick of PP and swear off ever using it again I always use WebRemote but it could use a new skin. WebPlay on iOS frankly sucks. It uses the Quicktime player that seems to have no Next Track, Previous Track controls and you can't see the playlist if you want to jump ahead in the list or see what is in the list.

Not sure about everyone else but I for one would rather JRiver invest yours and its resources in a Gizmo for iOS than to continue to be dependent on other developers and apps that were intended to work with other media servers.

Robo983

• World Citizen
WebPlay/Quicktime
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 10:52:55 am »

Before it gets pointed out to me that Quicktime does have next track and previous track when expanded to full screen, they do not work for me. I have been intending to see if there is a known fix for it. This thread isn't really the correct one for the question though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up