INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Songs Play Back At 320kbps  (Read 1176 times)

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
All Songs Play Back At 320kbps
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:35:00 am »

I'm playing FLAC files and every song shows as 320kbps while playing in the player window at top, no matter what ouput mode I try (asio, wasapi, etc). Even when I select a 24-96 file, it plays back at 320kbps. My dac shows the sample rate and everything shows 44.1 even when playing a 24-96 file. If I send a test file from the windows  sound settings the dac shows the correct sample rate, no matter what I send as test, which shows me that windows is sending the correct data and my dac is playing it correctly and the indicators are showing it playing correctly. I'm running Windows 7 x64 on this computer with the problem. I have another computer (Windows XP Pro) playing back same files showing 1141 kbps in player window.
Hopefully someone can help me with this.
Thanks,
Bill

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: All Songs Play Back At 320kbps
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 12:54:07 am »

This almost sounds like either these are resampled files (and not FLAC), or you're sending to a Library Server client via Library Server and Library Server client options are set to Convert audio.  If the latter, see Options > Media Network > Client Options (when connected to a Library Server) > Audio Conversion and ensure Conversion is set to Don't convert.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

lasker98

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: All Songs Play Back At 320kbps
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 01:08:38 am »

Thank you very much. That was exactly the problem. Even on the windows xp computer that I thought was playing correctly, I had it set to resample if necessary. It must come set that way as default since I never changed it on either computer. Thanks again, great support.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up