INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Online Media Slideshow with Songs and Videos View.  (Read 1124 times)

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Online Media Slideshow with Songs and Videos View.
« on: July 24, 2011, 01:31:59 pm »

In theater View I have an "All Favorites" view that includes Artists with Songs and Music Videos. It seems that if a video is included in the list, then the Online Media Slideshow will not start. If I drill down to a song then it does, or if there are no videos in an Artist list it will. Is the Slideshow using (Album Artist Auto) which is not availiable for video tags? Took me a minute to figure out why the Slideshow was not starting......

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

rick.ca

Re: Online Media Slideshow with Songs and Videos View.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 05:10:00 pm »

I'm not sure how it works, but it seems a view that includes video (i.e., [Media Type] is Video) is excluded from the slideshow intended for audio. Maybe that's to ensure inappropriate backdrops are not shown for video views, although that shouldn't be necessary if it's using [Album Artist].

I tried tagging some movies with [Album Artist] (it is possible) to see if that might be used to make matching Google Images images to appear. It didn't work—thus my conclusion it's restricted to audio.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 05:16:52 pm »

Thanks for the verification Rick. It is odd though because I have found that my "Santana" view works (both tracks on albums and individual music videos) but the "Rush" view does not. It seems to be a hit or miss.. I have spent a bit of time looking at tags and such, and am usually pretty methodical about tagging and have not come up with a good reason yet....

Also this view is just set to look at the Ratings, there is no rule for file type....  A library item "All Favorites" rule is rated 4 or above, sub libray item "Favorites" with Artist - Album - Album

The Music videos are mkvs made from Dvd or BR rips of single songs. They are given an Artist (artist name) and Album (song name) Tag.

Ken

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 05:19:05 pm »

What are the file extensions? 

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 05:28:35 pm »

Just edited my post Jim..  MP3, Flac, MKV and a few VOB and AVI. The Santana view that works is all MKV with MP3 and Flac. The Rush view has mkv and avi files along with Flac and MP3.

Ken

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:58:36 pm »

Is it hardcoded for the Slideshow just to work with audio, or is there a work around? Like I said some views work with videos in them, and my only speculation is that the audio files were in there a bit before the video ones were and this might make it pull the images from a cache somewhere...

Any thoughts..?

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up