INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library client ratings changes disappear sometimes  (Read 852 times)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Library client ratings changes disappear sometimes
« on: July 28, 2011, 01:32:49 pm »

This problem has plagued me since early builds of v.16.  I can't cause it to happen in an easy to reproduce way so I haven't officially reported it as a bug before now.
Reaching out to see if anyone else experiences this or can help pin it down.

MC 16, latest build is running, exact same built, on both server at home and on client at work.
Launch MC at work and it connects to the library at home just fine.
Select 3 albums and add to playing now.
As each song plays I click the rating stars above the progess bar.
The stars next to the song in the playing now queue at the bottom of the screen updates to match.
This tells me that I clicked it fine and the changes 'took'.
Some songs I allow to play all the way to the end, other songs I rate, wait a few seconds, then click the next track button.
So I'm on song 16 in the queue.  All 16 of them have star ratings that are showing rated a 3 now.  Songs 17+ are showing unrated.
Song 17 starts playing, I'm busy working in other apps.
I switch back to MC to click the stars for song 17 and, looking at the playing now queue, I see that for songs 5 and 11, the rating has disappeared!

On the client machine, the option "automatically sync changes made on client back to server" is enabled, since that seems relevant.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library client ratings changes disappear sometimes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 01:46:21 pm »

Are you using a login and password on the server?  Under Media Network.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
Re: Library client ratings changes disappear sometimes
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 02:05:19 pm »

Yes, I have authentication on.
I've tried two different tests before:

1) went ahead and re-clicked the rating field for the ones that disappeared.  After I got home I checked the album on the server and the ratings were saved properly for all songs.
2) left the disappeared ones alone.  After I got home I checked the album on the server and the ratings were not updated in the main library.

That rules out a display issue at the client end.
All the other songs' ratings were changed and saved properly.
I'm dealing with complete albums, so the file types are the same (usually flac) and were ripped the same way at the same time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up