INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to assign a Zone to a Sound Card?  (Read 3381 times)

Robo983

• World Citizen
How to assign a Zone to a Sound Card?
« on: July 28, 2011, 02:52:31 pm »

Hi, need some help getting multiple sound card devices mapped to separate zones.

I have followed every link from the Zone page on the Wiki, searched Zone in the forum, looked all over in MC16 but can not find how to map a Zone to a sound card much less split out the L/R, C/LFE..etc from one sound card to multiple zones.

Setup
MC16 v128
Win7 Home Premium
On board 5.1 Realtec Audio w/SPDIF header
ASUS Radeon HD5450 EAH5450 w/HDMI audio Sound 5.1 or 7.1
SIIG IC-510111-S1 DP SoundWave 5.1 Channels Sound Board

I plan to install this last PCIe SIIG sound card but it has Direct Sound 3 and not sure if works with ASIO or WASAPI or Kernal if needed to do zones and waiting to see if I can get the on board to play nice with the HDMI so I can return it if not.

I did find how to send Video audio to the HDMI when playing video and Audio audio to the on Board SPDIF in Options under those heading. But this is all I can find.

What I want to do is send the same audio to both the HDMI and the on board regardless of video or audio classification. I plan to use the SIIG to feed a separate AV amp in another room with the optical SPDIF and either link it to the others or run an independent audio zone.

I assumed I need to assign a zone to each sound device then link them to do this. My AV amps are old and do not have HDMI or I would have just done that.

As many seem to have this working I know I am going to be embarrassed to find I was looking right at it but past it.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: How to assign a Zone to a Sound Card?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 03:24:16 pm »

For each zone you need to go to Tools > Options > Audio. Set the Output mode to Direct Sound. Then in the Output mode settings you can select which soundcard to use and which channels to use for that zone. You can only split the soundcard's channels into zones if you are using Direct Sound.

Robo983

• World Citizen
Re: How to assign a Zone to a Sound Card?
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 04:01:52 pm »

Thanks for the response.

A light bulb is starting to glow so will have to try it when I get home. I think I get it now.

I was creating zones but I couldn't see any configurable settings specific for the zones once I created them. It was so simple I just couldn't get it. Sounds like if I highlight the Zone I want to configure THEN go to Options/Audio and use the setting you posted it will configure the newly created zone not the "master" system wide audio in the way I was thinking of the tools/options/audio settings.

Thanks again, I may have to ask Jim to delete this........now I am going to be reminded of how embarrassingly simple this was but I couldn't figure it out. Working on it after midnight doesn't help much though.

;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up