INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 tracks and Roxio CD Creator  (Read 3287 times)

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
MP3 tracks and Roxio CD Creator
« on: May 27, 2002, 09:41:16 pm »

I'm unable to create audio cd's with Roxio Easy CD Creator 4 starting from tracks ripped with the MP3 CBR encoder plugin. The Roxio program isn't even able to reproduce them.
The same tracks are perfectly played by WMP and RA and, of course, by MJ.

Someone has an idea about this incompatibility? Isn't MP3 "universal"?  I've looked for Easy CD updates without success.

Thanks for help
Luigi
Luigi1943

ciggieoxo

RE:MP3 tracks and Roxio CD Creator
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2002, 02:29:34 am »

I have but do not use Easy CD Creator 4 Deluxe. If your Easy CD Creator 4 and my Deluxe versions work the same way, try making the CD with DATA files. When the audio or data cd options come up choose data. I haven't used it in a while, but I seem to remember Easy CD Creator 4 Deluxe considers music files to be .cda or .wav files for making regular CDs playable on home, car, and portable audio CD players as well as computers. MP3 files are considered "Data." Writing the MP3 files in a data format to disk makes them playable on a computer with a MP3 jukebox or on Portable CD/MP3 players which are designed to recognize and play both regular CDs and MP3 files.

You may have to "finalize" (also called "close" or "finish") the CD-R or CD-RW to get them to work on some portable CD MP3 players. Finalizing is not necessary on computers or on certain portable CD MP3 players which can read multisession CR-RW discs such as the Audiovox CE150MP or the NAPA DAV311.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2002, 03:48:06 am »

Luigi1943

You could check with Roxio Support I think It Is www.Roxio.com
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

luigi1943

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2002, 09:20:20 pm »

Thanks King, but I've already checked with Roxio: the answer is no update available.

Thanks ciggieoxo for your message. However my problem is completely different and apparently my poor english (I'm italian) was not clear. I'm aware of the procedure you outlined, and it's what I do if I want to burn data cd's (including MP3). My problem instead is the following.

One of the functions of Easy cd creator 4 is burning audio cds from tracks having several formats, including MP3 and WMA. You use the drag and drop features and can also pre-listen the tracks you want to include. That function works perfectly with MP3 tracks encoded by RA (I've used it several times), but is not able to decode tracks encoded with the Lame MP3 CBR encoder downloaded from MJ. Prelistening those tracks is not possible and, if you insist in burning the cd with one of such tracks, the cd doesn't work from that track on. Since the same tracks play perfectly on MJ, RA and WMP (which use an adequate decoder) I've asked if someone is aware of how I can get the right decoder to allow Easy 4 to decode those MP3's.

I know that I can burn audio cd even with MJ, but sometimes I prefer to burn a multisession cd, and in that case I prefer Easy 4 which (just for that job) gives me more control and a simpler interface.

Thanks for help
Luigi

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2002, 04:15:31 pm »

Ciao Luigi1943,
è strano per il fatto che essendo un dataCD non dovrebbe neanche aver bisogno di decodificarli, ma solo di scriverli.
Io ho la vers.5 e non posso giudicare bene, ma sento odore di installazione di update non del tutto risolti. Anche la Platinum ha avuto un po' di peripezie durante il passaggio a XP, con diversi ugrade della casa madre prima di arrivare ad un unico updater.
Se hai problemi ti consiglio di rileggere bene le procedure di upg. ed eventualmente rinstallare.
Comunque non mi è mai capitato neanche con la vers. 4.0.2....

Stefano

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2002, 10:15:20 pm »

Stebajo, tks, but I'm being misunderstood once more: as I detailed in my message on 05-30-2002 00:20:20 A.M my problem happens when burning audio cd's, not data cd's.

Tracks converted with the Lame CBR encoder cannot be decoded by my Easy 4, while tracks encoded with the Lame VBR encoder are fine. I don't understand why.

Luigi
Luigi1943
Pages: [1]   Go Up