INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: compilation album issues?  (Read 1145 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
compilation album issues?
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:49:19 am »

I'm a bit frustrated with how MC16 is deciding what is or isn't part of a compilation album.  As in, 25 tracks all from a single directory being shown as 25 separate albums.  Their Album field all contains the same text (editing and updated from library).

What does it do to determine how to group tracks together?  And how can I force all tracks in a given directory (with no others from unrelated albums) to be shown as just ONE ALBUM? 

It doesn't happen to all albums, just some.  And I can't quite tell what tags or other information MC might be using to keep them from being seen as just ONE ALBUM.

So what's necessary here?

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: compilation album issues?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 08:54:44 am »

Album Artist / Album Artist (auto) + Album = Complete Album

Check the Album Artist / Album Artist (auto) field and make sure they are the same.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 12:25:30 pm »

To clarify - don't write data into Album Artist (auto) - let MC take care of this field.  If you've entered data into this field, select all files affected files, and clear it.

Instead, set Album Artist if you want a single artist to set for the album.

Or, if you leave Album Artist blank, MC will fill in (Multiple Artists) for Album Artist (auto).

Be sure also that your Album tags are identical.  Select all tracks for the album, and look at the Album field in Action Window > Tag to see either the album's title, or the pseudo-value [Varies].  If it varies, Set the tag here with the correct Album title.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 09:42:43 pm »

I also note the tag editor's screen alignment sucks in MC16.  In the past it seemed to have done a better job of aligning the text field name and the text entry box.  Now it's off by several pixels most of the time.

Still, MC's tag editing tools rock.
Pages: [1]   Go Up