INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is TV not supported on MC?  (Read 1085 times)

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
Is TV not supported on MC?
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:16:07 am »

I have left message after message on this forum and clearly no one at J River seems in the least interested in helping me. I have been working this issue for days, posting for days. I have now tried yet another kind of TV tuner a Hauppage card and see the same kind of dissappearing channels problems is still going on. If TV is not supported why doesn't someone just tell me I am wasting my time and I will move on.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Is TV not supported on MC?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 08:58:30 am »

Sorry, but I did answer a couple of times in your thread.  It is just that I could not figure out what to say about your latest posts.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Is TV not supported on MC?
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »

I assumed when I saw that TV was using Red October HQ for a playback I naturally assumed there was some significant effort being invested in TV playabck and the PVR aspect of JRiver... it really needs to be important if you expect to cature more of the WMC crowd on AVS. I have been posting over there saying come look at what you guys are doing. Unfortunately it appears I have over sold high quality ATSC playback a a key differentiatior. There does not seem to be any set of tests to run, or things to look for. If you are at a loss for word Yaobing clearly I have no chance to figure this out on my home. There are two keys differences I see between the working box and the non-working. The one with trouble has an SSD and a Ceton Tuner in it.

The Ceton doesn't seem to be the cause of the problem... The Sandy Bridge which is stable with channels and guide has a Ceton shared to it. So from a Windows perspective it too has a Ceton. The Ceton shared to Sandy Bridge shows up in the TV options tuner list at the bottom priority. On the Clarksdale, while it physically hosts the Ceton Window is only aware of two. Again in MC TV options the Cetons are listed as TV tuners but are at the bottom of the list.

What this suggests to me is that whatever bug we are looking at is related to the use of an SSD somehow.

Why is there not just a straight Quick TV function to at least establish functionality, like HD Quick TV. There has to be a troubleshooting process doesn't there?

I have ruled out it being specific to the HD Homeurn,, we see the same issues with a PCIe Happauge. It persists through uninstall and reinstalls, it persists trough upgrades. It sometimes resolves itself temporarilty with deleting and rescanning channels and guides. Where else can I go with this?

What is the writer anyway.. is this a recording starting... can we turn that off it is troublesome?

Last point about color balance problems. Why would I change the color balance for a single app, let alone a handful of channels played in that app.. when you get things working and stable and the color balance is consisten across JRiver MC 16 then I might consider calibrating in the MC16 environment. You don't calibrate to the exception, you calibrate to the general case and fix the exception.

Color balance is the least of my concerns right now. I am trying to get this box ready to use for NFL football and it needs to be able to do ATSC reliably.  Sure I have WMC and can use ATSC and the Ceton in WMC but Red October is why JRiver interests me in the first place. My Sandy Bridge is playing it fine except for the color balance issues, but again with TV every station is going to vary some, not necessarily like what I am seeing on NBC... that is way out there.

Even if I build another box and got MC 16 ATSC working, it still doesn't solve my problem. The Clarksdae is my main HTPC and it runs everything else perfectly except for ATSC in JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up