INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First impressions  (Read 1724 times)

dale77

• Recent member
First impressions
« on: August 13, 2011, 12:52:32 am »

Hi there,

saw some chat about jriver on AVSForum so gave it a whirl. My current mediacentre is Mediaportal with blu-ray support from PDVD8.

Thoughts:

- found my media nicely, no fuss
- seems to be a lot of functionality in there, music plays nicely using WASAPI mode
- TV recorded by mediaportal plays nicely
- My Hauppage Nova DVB-T dual tuner card is detected
- Getting the TV guide works, importing the xmltv file I generate for mediaportal

Not so good:

- Scan TV channels for New Zealand h264 encoded DVB-T only comes up with 1 channel
- choosing to watch this one channel, gives an error - timeout waiting for writer (bad signal?)
- playing now for music shows some very random pics on the background. Can this be configured to only actually show pics of the artist? :-)

Any suggestions for those issues?

Thanks

Dale

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: First impressions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:10 am »

Not so good:

- playing now for music shows some very random pics on the background. Can this be configured to only actually show pics of the artist? :-)

Welcome to the forum, Dale! The random pics are coming from Google Images. I recommend you go to the Media Slideshow Settings (Tools > Options> Theater View > Theme > Online Media Slideshow for those looking) and untick Google Images for the time being.

The Media Slideshow is a fairly new feature, I started a thread to suggest some improvements to it here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65610.msg439904

Hopefully someone else can help you with your TV card problems.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 07:09:01 am »

- Scan TV channels for New Zealand h264 encoded DVB-T only comes up with 1 channel
- choosing to watch this one channel, gives an error - timeout waiting for writer (bad signal?)
Please try the build from the top of the MC16 board.  It fixes a scanning issue.  But use the longer scan option.  If that doesn't work, it's probably the frequency table we use, which can be fixed.

dale77

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 03:35:59 am »

Removing google images from the theatre view theme did the trick.

I modified the dvb xml file to include the frequencies mediaportal uses, but no joy. I did not try the longer scan though. Perhaps that might work. Still no playback of the one channel found.

dale77

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 04:41:28 am »

No joy with TV playback. Dual tuners are visible to MC16b149, but:

Only one channel is found using "longer" scan across three valid frequencies.

No playback is possible on that single channel.

dale77

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 05:06:52 am »

I like the audio features, jriver playback mixed to 5.1 seems less bass heavy than Mediaportal.

DVB-T TV playback doesn't work unfortunately.

pauly139

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 03:41:54 pm »

Hi

I'm having the same problems with scanning Australian TV. I believe Yaobing is looking into the issue.

Paul.
Pages: [1]   Go Up