INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My dlna player is dead (ps3)  (Read 1136 times)

vicini

• World Citizen
My dlna player is dead (ps3)
« on: August 09, 2011, 06:43:57 pm »

i was watching my stuff on my ps3 using the dlna player when it decided to RIP. red light of death (rlod)
I love my PS3 because the dlna was pretty much flawless. Do I fork out money for a new one, get it fixed or try something else.
So now I ask of you (jriver dlna users). Looking for recommendations for dlna players that works with Media Center.
Thanks
Scott

vicini

• World Citizen
Re: My dlna player is dead (ps3)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:45:31 pm »

oops, i probably should have posted this in "other hardware"
if this is where it belongs, please move.
sorry
Scott

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:42:36 pm »

I've been using the PS3 as a dlna device with MC for years. I purchased it just for this purpose (I don't play any games). I also started using it as a blu-ray player as it is faster to boot up than my dedicated blu-ray player. If mine went out, I would buy a new one. Another option is to trade in the old one. They have a program where you send your's in for repair and they give you a refurbished one in exchange. It's cheaper than buying a new one.

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:19:47 am »

If you had something that worked for you like the PS3 I would go back to it. I have tried many and finally gave up and went back to an HTPC. I was using the WDTV live and the updates constantly were breaking the things I used. Time to set up something new to you and dealing with the frustrations of something is not worth the time if you can afford another PS3. Seems many are happy with the PS3, I do not have one but may think about getting one soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up