INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Command Line Confusion  (Read 838 times)

apturbo

• Junior Woodchuck
Command Line Confusion
« on: August 09, 2011, 07:10:30 pm »

I've noticed if I use the command line mc16.exe /Bluray it will play regardless if Bluray or not.

My question is, what is the difference between /Bluray switch vs. /DVDVideo?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Command Line Confusion
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 08:52:48 pm »

You're right.  The two commands are functionally the same.  Either can be used to play an optical disc.

Using the proper command should be considered good form to ensure maximum compatibility going forward, but it doesn't currently matter.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

grcassidy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 12:49:22 am »

Hi, I was experimenting with these functions recently (trying to pass dvd or bluray stored on hard drive into MC16) and noticed that /DVDVideo {movie folder} launched the previously played (folder structure from within MC16) dvd (regardless of {movie folder} contents), and  /Bluray {movie folder} gave a popup message saying no disk in drive. I don't think I made any config changes between trying the two command switches? So there may be a slight difference in how the switches are currently handled internally?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 01:21:12 am »

I think you're seeing a side affect of a command line error.  When a file parameter is incorrect, MC will use the existing Playing Now playlist to start playback.  I observed this numerous times when testing out the command line options for updating the command line wiki and helping some folks out with such requests.

By the way, I updated the wiki with Matt's new information.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up