INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MKV stuttering  (Read 28901 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MKV stuttering
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 09:14:05 pm »

why would i need to run memtest?

Because:
1) Different programs may use memory differently.
2) Another user had similar problems and it was probably due to bad memory.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2011, 04:40:08 pm »

memtest found nothing wrong, but not surprised as never have any issues on my machine. stable as can be.

is there a free mkv cutter out there? i've tried a couple and none seem to work when trying to playback the file after it's cut.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2011, 04:53:50 pm »

You can use any of the MKV tools from MKVToolNix to remux / cut / merge etc but I find if you just want to hack a file into bits then http://www.filesplitter.org/ is the go.
JRiver CEO Elect

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2011, 05:32:26 am »

You can use any of the MKV tools from MKVToolNix to remux / cut / merge etc but I find if you just want to hack a file into bits then http://www.filesplitter.org/ is the go.

i tried mkvtoolnix, cant seem to see how to cut the file for a sample? also tried mkv cutter, but doesn't work at all.

An update: i know you need the file, but having issues trying to cut it right now, but i did remuxed with mkvtoolnix to another mkv file again, and same issue. if it's remuxed using this program, shouldn't it be ok, as this is a good remuxer?
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2011, 04:25:01 pm »

I'm not in front of my home machine right now, but the option to cut an mkv with MKVToolnix is with the mkvmerge tool.

open mkvmerge, click "add" to find the file you want to cut (or drop the MKV onto the open window)

then I think you want the second/middle tab (can't remember what it's called, but it doesn't immediately make you think about editing files when you see the tab name)

Once your there, there is an option in about the middle of the screen for cutting using timecodes (and other methods).

I use the timecodes method to put any places i want a cut to be made, and you'll get a separate file for each side of a cut (2 cuts = 3 files)

I would put a timecode of 00:01:00 to gut it after 1 minute.  If you watch the tool, or the folder it's copying/cutting to, you can cancel it after it moves to the next file, as you only want the first 1 minute file it's done with.

sorry I don't have names and details, but I hope that's enough to get you moving forward again.
pretend this is something funny

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2011, 04:59:45 pm »

If you are not familliar with the MKV tools, just use the file splitter I linked to (set it to say 50 or 100mb) and it will cut you files into bits without any remuxing...then post the first bit.
JRiver CEO Elect

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2011, 07:21:20 pm »

Thanks guys, i've finally split a working 80mb file piece!
Here's the file link...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6H20RZ60

flac.rules

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2011, 02:16:00 pm »

My stuttering problems have been worse lately, I get the stuttering when i set MC to change the refreshrate of the monitor, and use videoclock, sometimes it sttters alot, sometimes it works fine. It seems like the problem is only apparent with red october HQ, any suggestions, or any data i can provide?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2011, 02:55:54 pm »

My stuttering problems have been worse lately, I get the stuttering when i set MC to change the refreshrate of the monitor, and use videoclock, sometimes it stutters alot, sometimes it works fine. It seems like the problem is only apparent with red october HQ, any suggestions, or any data i can provide?

I've seen this as well when madVR is in Windowed Moded (if it is the same issue) and find a couple of things work:
1) Try checking the "Exclusive Mode" option in madVR (right click when playing a video --> Direct Show Filters --> madVR --> rendering --> general settings --> enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode).
2) Stop / Play fixes it (but Play/Pause does not)
3) Even if you just bring up the madVR Diag Box it seems to fix itself (eg right click when playing a video --> Direct Show Filters --> madVR)

JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2011, 03:23:06 pm »

Thanks guys, i've finally split a working 80mb file piece!
Here's the file link...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6H20RZ60

It kept stalling at 10% and now I've "exceeded my limit" - I'll try again later.
JRiver CEO Elect

flac.rules

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2011, 04:52:44 pm »

I've seen this as well when madVR is in Windowed Moded (if it is the same issue) and find a couple of things work:
1) Try checking the "Exclusive Mode" option in madVR (right click when playing a video --> Direct Show Filters --> madVR --> rendering --> general settings --> enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode).
2) Stop / Play fixes it (but Play/Pause does not)
3) Even if you just bring up the madVR Diag Box it seems to fix itself (eg right click when playing a video --> Direct Show Filters --> madVR)

Thanks for tips, nr2 i have tried before, it only works sometimes, nr 1 seems to work though (I have to try over some time, as sometimes it works fine anyhow) , its not optimal, but it's nice if it fixes it.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2011, 09:43:39 pm »

It kept stalling at 10% and now I've "exceeded my limit" - I'll try again later.

Got to 54% before stalling this time :(
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2011, 11:01:38 pm »

Finally got the sample thanks (had to use a 3G Connection....great, could be my router! anyway...):  Quick test on my PC @ 1920x1080/60hz = fine with all combos of:
- RO HQ / Std (eg EVR vs madVR)
- HW Accel on and off (eg LAV CUVID vs FFDSHOW)

Will test on my HTPC later at 24hz.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2011, 01:02:06 am »

Good news!  Plays perfectly on my HTPC as well (at 23.976/24hz).  Both of these PC's are nvidia based.  I also did a test on a laptop with an Intel GPU (express series 4 chipset) and while it was scaling it to 720p and it is a small screen I did not see any great issues using RO Std. 

Bad News!  I'm out of ideas.....  The only other suggestion I have is to contact/PM nevcairiel as he is the author of LAVSplitter (which is used by RO) and from your sample he may be able to shed some more light on why it works fine when remuxed to M2TS but not the "original" MKV.
JRiver CEO Elect

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2011, 01:22:39 am »

Good news!  Plays perfectly on my HTPC as well (at 23.976/24hz).  Both of these PC's are nvidia based.  I also did a test on a laptop with an Intel GPU (express series 4 chipset) and while it was scaling it to 720p and it is a small screen I did not see any great issues using RO Std.  

Bad News!  I'm out of ideas.....  The only other suggestion I have is to contact/PM nevcairiel as he is the author of LAVSplitter (which is used by RO) and from your sample he may be able to shed some more light on why it works fine when remuxed to M2TS but not the "original" MKV.

it is completely bizarre as of why, and it's consistent, and can replicate every time. MKV is a no go with the 30 plus files i've tried so far. but .ts or .m2ts perfect!  :-\ thanks for checking... i guess nevcairiel may have the answer?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up