INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi - zone "wireless" system - what hardware/software should I use???  (Read 1335 times)

lhsrad

• Recent member

Hi - I am new to this and trying to research a system to set up. This is what I am trying to do... I am looking for a sound card with 12 outputs (or 6 stereo) (external USB would be easiest) -- i would like to stream 6 different songs from itunes or windows media player (or other) similutaneously to a multizone home WIRED audio system, with a channel vision amp likely . I'd like the "wireless" part to be the controls of the systems remotely.. for instance with software (pc or mac) that can control the music remotely, for instance via an ipad or itouch or android? does this make sense what i am querying?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multi - zone "wireless" system - what hardware/software should I use???
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 08:37:36 pm »

It makes sense.

Providing you can find a soundcard that will let you separate the outputs into "Zones" and make them appear as separate cards, MC can be setup to output different audio to each of those Zones using (funnily enough) the Zones feature.

You can then control all of those zones using the Android Gizmo app or webplay on other devices.
Pages: [1]   Go Up