INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream mkv to Xbox 360  (Read 3012 times)

mlagase

• World Citizen
Stream mkv to Xbox 360
« on: August 14, 2011, 07:37:59 am »

I have been trying to stream MKV files to the XBOX through MC and cannot get any files to play properly. I can get regular AVI files to stream without an issue, but any mkv file being played throws an error on the XBOX stating that it may not be a supported format. I have uninstalled FFDShow and Haili and installed CCCP to no avail. I can play mkv files locally on the machine without issue, it is only when it is trying to convert the files to wmv which is the default conversion format for xbox 360 when it fails.

Anyone have any additional configuration steps that I can try to possibly get this to work?

Thanks,

Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Stream mkv to Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 07:45:07 am »

What version of MC are you using?  MC 16.0.149 is at the top of the MC16 board.  Download it and select Red October Std in video options.

Set conversion on if needed in the DLNA options.

mlagase

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 07:48:02 am »

I do have 16.0.149 installed and also have Red October standard selected in the video options

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 07:52:39 am »

How is DLNA configured?

mlagase

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 07:59:16 am »

The only thing I have done is to turn DLNA on and selected add or configure DLNA servers. I then removed the default device and added only the Xbox 360.

Under the video section, I have support video content checked, conversion is set to convert unsupported formats and the encoder is set to wmv stream. These were the default settings.

I tried switching the encoder to AVI and when I try to play the video it says that the server is converting the file but takes way too long to even view the video. I never did wait until it completed though.

EDIT: Another thing to note is that I can stream MKV's from TVersity but I would rather have everything stream through MC so I only have to use one software package to stream media throughout my house.

mlagase

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 08:54:36 am »

It seems that any time MC tries to write a wmv file it hangs and then does not stream the file. If I watch the log during playback, I see wmv writing a file but then no increase in file size. The XBox then times out with a connection failure. AVI files I see that it writes the data to the stream without an issue.

Scratching head...

mlagase

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 04:34:40 am »

I am going to use Tversity since it just works to play every media file until I can find the time to mess with MC and figure out why it cannot stream these files. I installed TVersity on the same machine and it works flawlessly so I know it is not a Codec problem and it must be something internal to MC why this is failing.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 11:25:33 am »

The DLNA video transcoding is undergoing a lot of changes currently. You should probably wait a few builds and if you are still interested in doing it in MC, try again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up