INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server / Client help  (Read 1102 times)

vicini

• World Citizen
Library Server / Client help
« on: October 17, 2011, 11:01:28 am »

hello all.
I have set up MC on my Work PC. I connect just fine. In fact, works and streams beautifully.
My music files are 256. My home internet connection is 384 for upload. So, i have the bandwidth. However, when anybody at home uses the internet, i start buffering (makes sense to me).
So I figured i'd stream at a lower bit-rate. Using Remote Desktop, I went to Media network - Client Options - Audio Conversions - always covert - mp3 medium bandwidth.
Shut down Media Server and closed MC - restarted.
I opened up MC and reconnected to Media Server. It still streams at 256.
Still streams at 256. I can't figure this out. Doing reading on wiki, it says to do this on client side. It's says to do this on Client software.
Doing this, my audio plays now at 128.

Is this how your suppose to do it?

My question is this. Can i not make this change on server side? Looking for any feedback/suggestions.
What i am looking for is to make the 'Server side' media server to stream at 128 to any 'Client" PC running MC.

Thanks
Scott

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library Server / Client help
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 11:59:19 am »

So I figured i'd stream at a lower bit-rate. Using Remote Desktop, I went to Media network - Client Options - Audio Conversions - always covert - mp3 medium bandwidth.
Try doing that on the client.

vicini

• World Citizen
Re: Library Server / Client help
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 12:53:29 pm »

Try doing that on the client.

Please explain? You mean change it on the Client side at home? I have done this. Both with RDP, and when I got home, i logged on the the Server Side to verify the changes took place.
But what about my question? Am I doing something wrong?
Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up