INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio rendering to tv by dlna  (Read 2237 times)

ruffpl

Audio rendering to tv by dlna
« on: August 20, 2011, 07:12:48 am »

Hello. I am new on this forum and I have just started my adventure with this wonderful program called jriver media center.
Also I already have my first problem. I have samsung tv in my home network that supports dlna and media rendering. I also have NAS drive of Synology and I am using it to render music to my tv by audio station ( integrated audio player in my synology drive). I wanted to render music from my computer to tv by JRiver media center. After accepting all dlna functions I can see my tv in menu "Playing Now". After i start to play some audio track i have error: There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double check Your device,server and network sharing".
What should i do? JRiver Media server is on, I forwarded port number 52199 and I can see my tv in network as a multimedia device but i have this error.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Audio rendering to tv by dlna
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 07:28:52 am »

Welcome.  Try turning on conversion.  Click on "Add or Configure DLNA Servers" to start.

ruffpl

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 11:58:42 am »

I had select that and it is still the same... maybe something in my network is wrong?

IlPadrino

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 02:25:13 pm »

Hello. I am new on this forum and I have just started my adventure with this wonderful program called jriver media center.
Also I already have my first problem. I have samsung tv in my home network that supports dlna and media rendering. I also have NAS drive of Synology and I am using it to render music to my tv by audio station ( integrated audio player in my synology drive). I wanted to render music from my computer to tv by JRiver media center. After accepting all dlna functions I can see my tv in menu "Playing Now". After i start to play some audio track i have error: There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double check Your device,server and network sharing".
What should i do? JRiver Media server is on, I forwarded port number 52199 and I can see my tv in network as a multimedia device but i have this error.

I've had no joy in using MC to control my Samsung through a Digital Media Controller.  I have no problem using the Samsung to pull media from the server as a Digital Media Player, though.  Are you able to use the Samsung UI to get at your media?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 03:25:08 pm »

I had select that and it is still the same... maybe something in my network is wrong?

Try turning on DLNAExtra under Advanced Options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up