INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Playback Guidance Needed  (Read 2060 times)

nilbor

• Recent member
Video Playback Guidance Needed
« on: August 14, 2011, 01:03:30 pm »

After I upgraded from 15 to 16, the settings for video playback seems to have changed and I cannot figure out what I need to change. Would appreciate some help to fix the following.

When selecting to play a video I would like the playback of the film to start in full-screen mode, but what happens is just that the coverart is displayed (fullscreen in theatre mode and in a smaller window in standard mode). I have tried different config settings for video playback, but nothing seems to work.

The second issue is that I would like theatre view for video to show my video-genres rather than all the films. I know I did some editing in a meny, but I cannot recall where and how I did it.

Advice would be appreciated, thanks
nilbor

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Playback Guidance Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:07:06 pm »

Tools/Options/General/Behavior.

nilbor

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 01:28:25 pm »

Right, "Jump on Play(Video)". I have tried all possible variants of this and nothing works, I just get the coverart and not the film.

nilbor

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 02:06:05 pm »

I don't know if it is of any help, but I have set it to jump to Display View and when selecting play, the cover art displays with a "* Locating..." message. If I right-click and select more it says that it is on "Display View". If I press Ctrl-3 it goes back to standard view, pressing Ctrl-3 again makes it come up correct, displaying the film.

BTW, I think I managed to fix the other issue, just doing some editing on the theatre mode settings.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 02:12:14 pm »

Are you trying to play a DVD? I have problems with DVD's not appearing in display view when I try to play them. Changing the aspect ratio and changing it back it back again, will solve it for me. You can change the aspect ratio in display view by pressing arrow down until you get to aspect ratio and then press left or right to change.

TLS

nilbor

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 02:20:46 pm »

No this is standard films stored on a NAS in vob format, used to work fine with MC15.

I've seen a couple of time that the screen goes black (the film plays, I hear the sound). It almost seems like there are some other screens/ images on top of the display window.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 02:33:41 pm »

So is mine. DVD's stored on a NAS. I hear the audio but get no video. Try and change the aspect ratio while film is playing.

nilbor

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 03:07:59 pm »

That sounds like a similar "work around" to what I described above. That may work for me, but not for my wife and kids, they can manage pressing play and stop on the remote, but that's about it. I've re-installed MC15 so they get something to use until this is resolved.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 03:20:22 pm »

I agree. It's a bug which JRiver is looking into and not normal behavior.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 07:01:14 am »

You are running latest builds, and are running Red October Standard or HQ? In worst case, if those does not work... You could select additional filters and throw in Descaler 5 or similar for DVD playback perhaps?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

nilbor

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 12:35:03 pm »

Yes, that seems to work, thanks!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up