INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Start Display View after x amount of inactivity  (Read 1508 times)

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Start Display View after x amount of inactivity
« on: August 07, 2011, 12:26:46 pm »

Is there any function in MC16 to start Display View after a selectable amount of inactivity? So lets say I select a playlist in standard view, walk away (no mouse movements in MC) and Display View would start, but if the mouse was moved it would pop me back into stanard view. I come from a player that had this functionality and used it all the time, made adding tracks to the playlist really easy with minimal keystrokes or remote activity. It would be really nice if it would pop into Display View after a selectable time, then if the mouse or remote sent a signal it would pop you back to the view you were on.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Start Display View after x amount of inactivity
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 12:37:21 pm »

Is there any function in MC16 to start Display View after a selectable amount of inactivity? So lets say I select a playlist in standard view, walk away (no mouse movements in MC) and Display View would start, but if the mouse was moved it would pop me back into stanard view. I come from a player that had this functionality and used it all the time, made adding tracks to the playlist really easy with minimal keystrokes or remote activity. It would be really nice if it would pop into Display View after a selectable time, then if the mouse or remote sent a signal it would pop you back to the view you were on.

Ken
It's not exactly what you want, but try setting MC to jump to Theater View Playing Now.  It's under Tools/Options/General/Behavior. 
The escape key will bring you back.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 01:03:19 pm »

Thanks for the response Jim, that is what I am doing now. While this indeed works it is still a bit awkward when using full screen visualizations such as a slideshow or GForce. It would even help having a Jump To Display View. I can do this with my remote with mapped buttons. I do think it would be nice just to walk up to my HTPC move the mouse, select a couple of songs, walk away and have the visualizations start shortly afterwards...

By the way .. Great product.. Learning more every day..

Ken

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 10:34:35 pm »

This would be pretty slick.  I think I'd use it too, especially from within Theater View playing Audio (to prevent image retention on my plasma).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 10:52:09 pm »

Yea I have my theater View set up so it is very easy to find songs you want, I always test it on the wife... I figure.. well you know.. It is a lot easier to just tell someone to move the mouse, navigate to a song (which is pretty straight forward), add it and then just walk away... Do not have to tell them how to navigate away from Display View to the selection view and then back to Display view.

I guess the best option would be a selection to start Display View or Playing Now after a length of time of inactivity.....

Ken

flac.rules

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 10:55:58 am »

I think it would be nice with a general "upgrade" of the whole command-system that is now only used for remotes and key-presses to implement a event-based system. Like "On program event A & B, trigger event C. This would solve you problem, and can be used for a large amount of other useful stuff.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 02:15:30 pm »

I know it is very easy to see keyboard and mouse activity, but does anyone know about a Remote IR signal?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 07:27:41 pm »

I forgot 90% of the IR commands are keystrokes.

Ken

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 01:11:19 am »

Would anyone be interested in a plugin that could be turned off or on to do this?

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up