INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple tracks (mp3's) to multiple zones  (Read 1753 times)

smiddick

Multiple tracks (mp3's) to multiple zones
« on: August 18, 2011, 04:07:17 pm »

I run a haunted attraction and I have been researching equipment for our audio system. I have put together a PC with an M-Audio Delta 1010 and I want to run different mp3’s to different channels. I am using the Dayton MA-1240 12 Channel amp to push to the different zones. For example I want send CreepyCircus.mp3 through the left channel of stereo output 1 to Clown Zone and HauntedBarn.mp3 through the right channel of stereo output 1 to the Barn Zone. This would be true of every stereo channel. What software will I need to do this? It looks like JRiver MC will do this... Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Multiple tracks (mp3's) to multiple zones
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 04:13:05 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Often a 5.1 card can be addressed as 3 pairs of channels, starting at 0.  This would provide 3 zones.

You can find out about zones here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

Just download MC and try the Zone Manager under Player/Zones.

smiddick

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 08:21:07 pm »

Thanks for the welcome... I need at least 5 zones maybe 6 or more. That is why I went with the M-Audio Delta 1010. I am wanting to make sure that MC will recognize the multiple channels that the Delta 1010 has and that it will let me send different files to those zones. I went and read the threads in the Zones link you posted. Good stuff, just doesn't answer my question specifically. Maybe it can't me answered specifically if no one has tried this piece of hardware with MC.

My other option is to build a PC with a mobo that has multiple PCI card slots and get multiple sound cards to run this.

Ideas???

smiddick

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 08:40:05 pm »

Also, I have downloaded the trial on my PC here at home and I am having trouble with the zoning. I have VIA HD audio on my mobo and the Creative X-Fi 7.1 sound card also. I have set up 2 zones and when I tell one mp3 to play in the Kitchen Zone out of the left and right front the sound comes out of the main audio channel and I tell the 2nd mp3 to play in the Living Room Zone out of the left and right rear, no matter where I plug in my speakers (headphones for testing) I only hear audio out of the main channel on my HD onboard audio or the Creative card.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 09:54:54 pm »

You first need to make sure that the M-Audio card can be addressed as multiple separate pairs.  M-Audio may be helpful on this subject.

Then you need to select a zone, and set its audio output to a pair of outputs from the M-Audio card.  You need to do this with each zone.  Change zone, set audio in MC options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up