INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming Videos to Android  (Read 11109 times)

skeeterfood

• Citizen of the Universe
  • We're all just food for the skeeters.
Re: Streaming Videos to Android
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 11:17:26 pm »

So no Gizmo video on my LG Optimus V phone, since it doesn't support flash?   :(

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2011, 05:19:56 am »

Regarding the status bar on Android 3.1 - i found one application that does what you commented on earlier.

Its indeed impossible to completely hide it (which is a shame), however you can fade it out, so that its much darker and doesn't catch any attention when watching a movie.
The stock 3.1 image gallery does it when viewing images.

What i found when digging around the APIs is "setSystemUiVisibility()", which should do this dimming.

Right now, thats really the only complain i have about Gizmo, otherwise its really working well.
Already ordered some components to upgrade my media server (before it was a pretty old box just handing out files) so that it can run a Windows VM with MC16 transcoding when my main PC is off.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

MrHaugen

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2011, 05:36:28 am »

Already ordered some components to upgrade my media server (before it was a pretty old box just handing out files) so that it can run a Windows VM with MC16 transcoding when my main PC is off.

Be sure to get a CPU and Motherboard that supports VT-x then. It's supposed do better at hardware acceleration of VM's and direct sharing of hardware. It could help much, depending on what you plan to do with that server. I bought my self this set: INTEL Core i7-2600 3.4GHz Quad Core Processor LGA1155 and MSI Z68A-GD65 (Gen3), Socket-1155. Gonna take it for a spin this weekend :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2011, 06:28:23 am »

Do they even build CPUs without VT-x these days?
Anyhow, this is not my first server i'm setting up, but thanks for the tip anyway.

I got me a Xeon E3-1240, basically the i7 as a server part (slightly less clock speed), and a C204 chipset board (SUPERMICRO X9SCM-F, i don't need a PCIe x16 slot, rather have the 4 x8 port this offers)
Combine that with the 8 port SAS controller i already have, 16GB of ECC RAM, and this will be some fine server. :)

I already have the CPU, but delivery of the board was delayed for some reason, so it'll probably have to wait until next weekend until i have time to set it up.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2011, 06:38:22 am »

So no Gizmo video on my LG Optimus V phone, since it doesn't support flash?   :(

It needs Flash.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2011, 06:44:00 am »

....Flash a-ah ....  Just had to play the song!
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2011, 06:44:39 am »

nev,
I just got the Samsung keyboard for the Tab.  It's very cool.

Jim

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2011, 06:47:11 am »

nev,
I just got the Samsung keyboard for the Tab.  It's very cool.

Jim

I've been thinking about what accessories to get, i have none yet. I need at least the USB/HDMI connector, and a keyboard would of course be great. :)
The official Samsung accessories are a bit hard to get your hands on right now because of some ridiculous legal battle between Apple and Samsung, oh well.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2011, 07:40:48 pm »

I've been thinking about what accessories to get, i have none yet. I need at least the USB/HDMI connector, and a keyboard would of course be great. :)
The official Samsung accessories are a bit hard to get your hands on right now because of some ridiculous legal battle between Apple and Samsung, oh well.
Pictures here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=66117.msg443694

jdewoody

• Recent member
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2011, 09:20:08 pm »

MC 16.0.149, Droid X v2.3.3, Flash player 10.3, Gizmo2 (not sure which version but I just installed the latest version from the link in this thread tonight).

I have 2 issues:

1) None of my movie types will stream over 3G or WiFi. A blank white screen comes up and that's it. I've tried AVI, MKV, IFO (DVD) & MP4s. I've tried setting video to Red October standard and with additional filter FFDShow.

2) I have a large MP3 collection, if I try to shuffle by any means (song, genre, etc.), the songs never play, it finally goes to a Gizmo You're On The Bus screen with a Resume Playing button. Hitting that button doesn't go anywhere but back to same screen. This is over 3G or Wifi.

Any suggestions or guidance on these?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2011, 09:40:19 pm »

Try the latest build from the top of the MC16 board.  It should fix your first problem.  DVD won't work yet.

Grape Ape

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2011, 11:28:20 pm »

This new build is a way better effort!

Videos start almost immediately, even my .mkv movies, on wifi, but on wireless, it buffers every 5 seconds or so. I have 2 MB up at home, and my phone's download always tests anywhere between 800 kb to 6 mb, so bandwidth shouldn't be a problem, and Orb streams the same file flawlessly using the exact same equipment.

This has made huge strides in the past few months, and I am sure that eventually you will get it tuned to work both on wi-fi and 3G/4G.

Thanks for all of your work guys!

jdewoody

• Recent member
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2011, 09:34:21 am »

Try the latest build from the top of the MC16 board.  It should fix your first problem.  DVD won't work yet.

Uninstalled gizmo, downloaded latest from marketplace, still just a blank white screen for video.

How about my second question regarding music or do I need open a new thread for that?

Thanks,
J

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2011, 09:39:43 am »

Get the latest build of MC from the top of the MC board.

I don't know about the shuffle problem.  But get the latest MC first.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2011, 01:50:28 pm »

I have been testing Gizmo/MC16's new streaming videos support extensively for the last few days. Here are the different conditions under which I have tested it:

• Phone HTC EVO 4G: in 3 different network environments, Home Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G.
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1: Home Wi-Fi

Overall, the functionality is working very well and provides great improvements in the video streaming over previous solution. Here are the strong points:

• Playback starts right away!
  • Seek works very well.
  • Volume for all video files I have tried is good. In some other video streaming applications, volume for some files is too low. Not with MC16 with Red October and normalizing audio!
  • User interface is much improved compared to previous one. It is good to have it inside the Gizmo app - rather than having to go to the browser.

Here are some points where further improvements can be made - both related to smart handling of resolution/bit-rate of the streamed video.

• While on weak 4G or even strong 3G, there is too much pausing - sometimes video pauses every 5 seconds. There is no such problem on strong 4G or Home Wi-Fi connection. So, I suspect some tuning of resolution and bit-rate is needed. Either manual setting or automatic (even better) would be great.
  • While on Home Wi-Fi with screens with high resolution (e.g. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1), 720p/1080p HD video content looks to be of lower quality than possible. In this case, resolution/bit-rate needs to be increased.

Except for the automatic resolution/bit-rate adjustments, the functionality is very solid. Huge kudos and thanks to JRiver!

Thanks,
Osho

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2011, 02:30:27 pm »

If you have ripped any DVD's, they will now play in Gizmo, using MC16.0.168 (or higher).  This is amazing on a bigger device like the Ripped DVD plays to Android devices[/b].]Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

toadleyb

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2011, 08:20:50 pm »

If WebPlay works, what happens if you play a video, then replace "play_flash.html" with "play_flash_simple.html"?

Basically Gizmo just shows play_flash_simple.html fullscreen now when playing a video.

If that works, it seems like there must be some permission issue blocking the browser in the app from using Flash.  I'll have to dig around a bit on this problem.

This is exactly the issue I am having.  If I replace the play_flash with play_flash_simple videos work wonderfully on my laptop.  If I just click play on the video and let it load normal it sits there and does nothing.

Any solution?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up