INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternative to JRiver ID for multi-room wireless audio?  (Read 3372 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Alternative to JRiver ID for multi-room wireless audio?
« on: August 20, 2011, 06:42:20 pm »

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows of alternatives to the JRiver ID device that will work well with MC?  http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/J._River_Id

If there are plans to bring it back soon, let me know!

Thanks
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Alternative to JRiver ID for multi-room wireless audio?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:02:41 am »

I would be very much interested too. In the Netherlands seems nothing available like the JRiver ID. I would like to use it in my kitchen. This way I have no need for wired speakers from my receiver in the living room. Seems that 2 active speakers + dlna renderer could do the job.

pcstockton

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 11:25:39 am »

Squeezebox Touch?
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 12:06:32 pm »

I found a solution for my kitchen. I bought good car speakers and placed them above the kitchen cabinets. I bought a JBL wireless set that goes from the line out of my receiver wireless to the JBL amplifier in the kitchen. With GIZMO I can easily adjust volume and choose whatever I want to hear from my Samsung Galaxy S2. I must say however it takes a little time to find the right spot for both the JBL devices. A few inches can make a difference. ( ::)) Maybe also because it goes from the second floor to the kitchen on the first floor.
I'm glad I bought it.

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 08:08:43 am »

I'm using a WDTV Live Plus (without a TV/monitor connected) on my main floor connected by ethernet cable but you can buy a USB wifi adapter in order to go wireless. I set it up as a DLNA device within MC17 and it works fine. I have another one in my bedroom (also on the network) that is connected to my TV; on this one I can either use the WD software to play MC playlists or push to it from MC from one of 3 networked PCs. Occasionally I need to restart the Media Server on the main PC if playback ends with 1 second left of a song but this is quite rare.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 10:18:16 am »

I'm using the WD TV too for playing movies etc. from USB Stick. Saves power compared to my PC
In the bedroom we have a Philips DVD player that also takes USB sticks. The TV there is also connected to my main PC as a third monitor. All my music, movies, comics and pictures are on external WD Elements discs connected to a Belkin HomeBase. That way everybody in my family can play the things on their on computer/room. Having GIZMO on my phone makes it even better to control everything from a distance.

It's amazing what we can do these days. And it's getting even better...

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 11:34:51 am »

I've been using various Rocketfish Wireless Senders and Receivers to pipe music to different stereos and speakers around the house and yard and am reasonably happy with that setup.  I have about 9 pairs of speakers set up this way plus the main stereo.  I set up MC to always playing something so regardless of where I am in the house I just turn on the speakers/Rocketfish and my music is on.  Control using Android devices and Gizmo.  The main living room zone is the one that is piped around giving me whole house music on a shoestring.  Individual rooms also have MC running Tremote if they want to play something different from the "house" audio.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 02:45:33 pm »

I've had an AudioEngine W1 for several years now. It works great for wireless audio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up