INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally Trying To Set Up TV  (Read 8169 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Finally Trying To Set Up TV
« on: August 21, 2011, 12:32:33 pm »

I've been a long time SageTV user for TV and a MC user for Audio. I have also long wanted to be able to use one program for all media. For a lot of reasons, especially the high quality audio, I have wanted MC to be that one program. Thinking that there have been several improvements to TV in MC and that the company will hopefully further develop it I have decided it's time to give it a try.

Our system consists of a Windows Home Server computer where all media is stored and served. In our HT room we have a fairly new HTPC Client that I built. We also have a Sage Extender in the HT room (for backup to the Client) and one in our living room. We have a single Hauppauge HDPVR tuner connected to the server that is accessible by the client and extenders in Sage. The HDPRV gets its signal from a cable box. Channel changing on the cable box is done by a USBUIRT.

So having a little time today I went to Setup TV in MC on the Client. Not a very exciting start. The Client did not recognize the HDPVR. The Server did. In our system we have to keep the HDPVR on the Server. Is there a way to recognize and operate it from the Client? Do I first have to set it up on the Server and then somehow get access from the Client? Or am I shot down before I even begin. Do hope not!

Thanks for any offers of help.

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Finally Trying To Set Up TV
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:40:28 pm »

Our system consists of a Windows Home Server computer where all media is stored and served. In our HT room we have a fairly new HTPC Client that I built. We also have a Sage Extender in the HT room (for backup to the Client) and one in our living room. We have a single Hauppauge HDPVR tuner connected to the server that is accessible by the client and extenders in Sage.

So having a little time today I went to Setup TV in MC on the Client. Not a very exciting start. The Client did not recognize the HDPVR. The Server did.
I don't know anything about the HDPVR, but if it's on the server, why not record there?  Then watch on the clients by using Library Server.

If one machine sees the device but another doesn't, there may be a driver missing.  Or a firewall problem.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 12:47:56 pm »

I don't know anything about the HDPVR, but if it's on the server, why not record there?  Then watch on the clients by using Library Server.

If one machine sees the device but another doesn't, there may be a driver missing.  Or a firewall problem.

Thanks for the very prompt response Jim.

We presently have all recordings saved on the server. All control and watching of TV, recordings etc are done from the Client. Also WHS is designed to be run as a 'Headless Server'. So when you say to "Record from the server" I'm not sure what you mean?

Re drivers or Firewall, Sage TV is working fine from the Client. Might MC need something different, or different Firewall settings? Also MC runs audio and video on the Client fine that is stored on the server.

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 12:55:24 pm »

I missed the WHS part.  I think it's still possible to run MC there, then connect to it using Library Server, then play on the client.

I just tried playing TV on my notebook from my HTPC using Library Server.  It works.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 01:51:52 pm »

I missed the WHS part.  I think it's still possible to run MC there, then connect to it using Library Server, then play on the client.

I just tried playing TV on my notebook from my HTPC using Library Server.  It works.

Glad it worked with your laptop.

I just tried to configure the HDPVR in MC on the WHS computer. Got an error message "Failed to Initialize TV tuner device" - Failed to Render video Stream. Possible Causes The video capture device is in use by another application, or Failed to add or configure MPEG-2 demultiplexer or render it's outputs."

I have stopped the Sage TV service and I still get the message. Nothing else should be using the HDPVR.

Now I'm rebooting the server to see if that helps. It didn't

The problem could be that it cannot 'Render its outputs'. Remember that WHS is a Headless Server. Although I have a monitor on it, it's not designed to be used with one or to be able to do much graphics stuff.

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 02:05:17 pm »

I just did a search to see if anyone had the device working.  I found this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50656.0

If I were doing this, I would test on a Windows (not WHS) PC first, just to take WHS out of the picture.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 02:15:15 pm »

I just did a search to see if anyone had the device working.  I found this:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50656.0

If I were doing this, I would test on a Windows (not WHS) PC first, just to take WHS out of the picture.

I trust that if you folks say the HDPVR works in MC it does. So I don't need to test it here in a configuration that we wont use. We need to have it working on the server and viewable from the Client. This is especially important in our MC TV tryout as I need to keep SageTV running in parallel for WAF (& for me too).

Thanks very much Jim for the good communications. I sure do hope that it can be made to work on the server.

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 02:37:04 pm »

I trust that if you folks say the HDPVR works in MC it does. So I don't need to test it here in a configuration that we wont use. We need to have it working on the server and viewable from the Client.
That's probably possible, but I would test on a non WHS machine first.  It's easier to debug if you have trouble.  Then switch to WHS and you should also have an easier time there.  But it's your project.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 02:52:23 pm »

That's probably possible, but I would test on a non WHS machine first.  It's easier to debug if you have trouble.  Then switch to WHS and you should also have an easier time there.  But it's your project.

Okay Jim I'll try it on the Client first. But before I spend a bunch of time on it I would sure like assurance that it will be able to work in our configuration on the WHS. That we can watch TV, schedule recordings and delete them from the Client.  Otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to do go through a big learning curve on the Client. Can you give me that assurance, or is it a big unknown at this point?

If anyone else is reading this that is running a HDPVR on a WHS or has tried it I sure would appreciate their comments.

Thanks,
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 03:51:13 pm »

While waiting for an answer to my previous post about being able to run it on our WHS I tried to install it on our Client in MC.

Installed Arcsoft drivers for HDPVR. Tried Configure for the HDPVR in MC and got the same error message as on the WHS. Please keep in mid that it has been running fine in SageTV for well over a year.

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 04:06:22 pm »

Did you set up the device?  TV Options in the lower left corner.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 04:12:31 pm »

Did you set up the device?  TV Options in the lower left corner.

I'm in Tools, Options, Television, Hauppauge HDPVR, Configure. Do you mean somewhere else>

Thanks,
Rod

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 04:16:17 pm »

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 04:40:01 pm »

MC/Devices/TV/TV Options

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Television

Thanks Jim. Could I suggest a small note in the TV setup under Tools/Options that suggests going to Drives & Devices. This is the first time in MC I've had to start somewhere else for Setup.

So I went there and it said "There are no channels configured. Double click here to scan for channels." I double clicked and it appears to want a device. No devices are listed. When I proceed without it showing a device I select Set Top box and it asks me to select an analog capture device. Of course there is none to select.

I should also mention a little more of our system configuration. We have a cable box that the HDPVR is connected to. In Sage the channels are selected by a USBUIRT. I believe that will also somehow have to be utilized by MC to change channels.

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 07:59:14 am »

So I went there and it said "There are no channels configured. Double click here to scan for channels." I double clicked and it appears to want a device. No devices are listed.
You should see any TV devices there.  Are you sure you don't have a driver to install?

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 08:11:13 am »

You should see any TV devices there.  Are you sure you don't have a driver to install?

I have installed the HDPVR driver from the Hauppauge CD. And it does show up under Tools/Options/Television. But it does not show when I try to do a scan from Drives & Devices/Television.

Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 10:07:36 am »

Read through glynors failed attempt to get the HDPVR working. In that thread Yaobing asked him to install Arcsoft Total Media Extreme. At that point glynor stopped working on it so we have no further results from him.

I have just installed TME that came with our HDPVR on both the Server and Client. Rebooted both. Results are the same. The HDPVR shows as a device under Tools/Options/Television but not under Drives & Devices/Television. Arcsoft drivers were previously on both computers. For this testing I have had the HDPVR USB cable on both Server & Client with the same results.

Help please!

Thanks,
rod

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 10:09:26 am »

We need Yaobing now, and he's on vacation for another week.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 10:18:51 am »

We need Yaobing now, and he's on vacation for another week.

Thanks Jim - I'm chuckling because I had just told my wife that we might need him and I thought he was still on vacation.

No problem. We may be going away for about a week starting Friday so can deal with it when we get back. I'm sure Yaobing will be swamped when he first gets back.

Rod

CountryBumkin

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 12:38:32 pm »

This isn't going to help much - but maybe provide some hope.
I had the Hauppauge Colossus (PVR) installed and running on MC16 for a few weeks. I was able to record some Directv shows but I had a audio/video sync problem that I couldn't figure out.
I was on the "30 days money back guarentee" - but only did my tinkering on weekends, so I ran out of time and decided to send it back while I still could and concentrate on getting the rest of MC setup.

The PVR was indentified in the MC TV setup section (but it was identified by it's chipset name). I was able to configure the guide too and do some recordings manually. I never got the IR to control the Directv receiver channel switching (But I didn't spend much time on that part of the setup). I also recall that if I went into the "TV configuration" settings it would lock up MC (this was several MC versions ago). But as long as the PVR was identified, and I stayed away from the configuration section, the guide could be setup and that's all it seemed to need.

so the good news is that it did work.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 06:49:35 pm »

Country Bumkin,

Thanks very much for taking the time to explain what you did and the results and for offering words of encouragement.

I'll keep plugging along on it as long as Yaobing is willing. Hopefully our efforts will help others. Also since I'm not aware of anyone using the HDPVR in a Client/Server configuration with MC it may help JRiver to further implement some things. I know there are many SageTV users with similar configurations that are probably looking for alternatives.

Gotta keep the faith here!

Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »

TV tuner/capture devices are local.  Client would not see them (with the exception of network devices such HDHomerun, which clients see as "local" device).  I do not know how SageTV works, but MC right now can not see devices that are set up on the server.

To use the devices on the server, you need to scan channels once on the server, and set up EPG on the server so it automatically updates.  Once that is done, you should see TV channels and EPG entries from a library client.  You can schedule recordings from a library client (recordings actually happen on the server), and watch the recordings on a client.  I do not think you can watch live shows on a client, though it is on my list.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 01:58:21 pm »

TV tuner/capture devices are local.  Client would not see them (with the exception of network devices such HDHomerun, which clients see as "local" device).  I do not know how SageTV works, but MC right now can not see devices that are set up on the server.

To use the devices on the server, you need to scan channels once on the server, and set up EPG on the server so it automatically updates.  Once that is done, you should see TV channels and EPG entries from a library client.  You can schedule recordings from a library client (recordings actually happen on the server), and watch the recordings on a client.  I do not think you can watch live shows on a client, though it is on my list.

Hi Yaobing,

Hope you had a good vacation!

Thanks for your response. It wont scan for channels on the server. From Reply 4 above:

"I just tried to configure the HDPVR in MC on the WHS computer. Got an error message "Failed to Initialize TV tuner device" - Failed to Render video Stream. Possible Causes The video capture device is in use by another application, or Failed to add or configure MPEG-2 demultiplexer or render it's outputs."

I have stopped the Sage TV service and I still get the message. Nothing else should be using the HDPVR.

Now I'm rebooting the server to see if that helps. It didn't

The problem could be that it cannot 'Render its outputs'. Remember that WHS is a Headless Server. Although I have a monitor on it, it's not designed to be used with one or to be able to do much graphics stuff."

From my reply #13 above and after Jim suggested going to MC/Devices/TV/TV Options: 

So I went there and it said "There are no channels configured. Double click here to scan for channels." I double clicked and it appears to want a device. No devices are listed. When I proceed without it showing a device I select Set Top box and it asks me to select an analog capture device. Of course there is none to select.

I should also mention a little more of our system configuration. We have a cable box that the HDPVR is connected to. In Sage the channels are selected by a USBUIRT. I believe that will also somehow have to be utilized by MC to change channels."

That's where we are today. The HDPVR is listed in Tools/Options/Television, but not in Devices/TV/TV Options. That's when Jim said we needed you to help. Sure do hope you can.

By the way, you mentioned Sage. This all has been working fine on sage for quite awhile. And I was able to setup the HDPVR from the client in Sage. Also many people on the Sage Forum have similar setups with the HDPVR installed in a WHS and multiple Clients, including SageTV Extenders, all able to record TV, watch live TV and delete recordings. 

Looking forward to working with you to get this going.

Thanks very much.

Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 04:45:32 pm »

First of all, we have not tested the TV application on a WHS.  Therefore this may well be the problem.

As you mentioned, when glynor had a problem with the device, my suggestion was to install ArcSoft TME, or, at a minimum, the ArcSoft MPEG-2 Demultiplexer filter.  We still need that filter for this device to work.  I have not found a way to use Microsoft MPEG-2 Demultiplexer.  But you mentioned that you still get the same error after installing TME, so there maybe something more to it, maybe related to WHS.  Perhaps lack of EVR on WHS has an impact.

The TV options page from Tools/Options/Television should be the same as the one from Drives & Devices/Television/TV Options.../Settings...  It is puzzling why you would see the device in one but not in another.

The procedure to configure HDPVR (on the machine where it is hooked up) is as follows (should at least work on a non-WHS machine):

1. Scan analog channels using HDPVR, choosing either Antenna or Cable (does not matter since the device does not have a tuner anyway).  This will find three input sources on this device.
2. Scan STB channels, using XMLTV/mc2xml, specifying HDPVR as the analog device to receive STB output, and specifying one of the three input sources you choose to make the connection.
3. Setup EPG.

Email me a log file showing failures on the server.  yaobing at jriver dot com

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 06:46:03 pm »

Thanks for the configure procedure. When I do your step 1 under Drives & Devices/Television it does show the HDPVR. But it can't scan the channels without something telling the USBUIRT to change the channels on the Cable Box. Sage has native control for the USBUIRT.  I have it located in front of the Cable Box and it sends the proper IR codes. Does MC have a way to interact with it?

Don't think we can go any further until this is worked out.

Thanks,
Rod

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 12:37:01 am »

I do not think you can watch live shows on a client, though it is on my list.

It is?? Wow excellent!!  Hope the rest of the list isn't too long then :)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 06:36:15 am »

I do not think you can watch live shows on a client, though it is on my list.

WOOHOO!!!! You mean as in real place shifting??? WOOHOO!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 02:36:12 pm »

Thanks for the configure procedure. When I do your step 1 under Drives & Devices/Television it does show the HDPVR. But it can't scan the channels without something telling the USBUIRT to change the channels on the Cable Box. Sage has native control for the USBUIRT.  I have it located in front of the Cable Box and it sends the proper IR codes. Does MC have a way to interact with it?

Don't think we can go any further until this is worked out.

Thanks,
Rod

Step 1 is used only to discover available input sources on HDPVR (Composite, SVideo, and YRYBY).  The actual channel scanning for STB channels is done through xmltv.  This probably is a big design difference between MC and SageTV.  MC does not actually blast IR code for channel scanning.  It does blast IR code when actually tuning to channels (after channel scanning is done).

I am not sure if USBUIRT is full supported.  We support Windows Media Center compatible remote/IR devices.  To use such device, you need to go to Tools/Options/Remote Control to let MC learn the codes for buttons "0" through "9" on your cable box's remote control.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 03:56:44 pm »

Step 1 is used only to discover available input sources on HDPVR (Composite, SVideo, and YRYBY).  The actual channel scanning for STB channels is done through xmltv.  This probably is a big design difference between MC and SageTV.  MC does not actually blast IR code for channel scanning.  It does blast IR code when actually tuning to channels (after channel scanning is done).

I am not sure if USBUIRT is full supported.  We support Windows Media Center compatible remote/IR devices.  To use such device, you need to go to Tools/Options/Remote Control to let MC learn the codes for buttons "0" through "9" on your cable box's remote control.

Hi Yaobing,

Under Tools/Options/Remote Control there are many commands listed, but no numbers. I'm using V.168.

Also under Tools/Options/Remote Control the USBUIRT is shown, but only as an 'Input' device. I'm using your Media Center Remote receiver as an input device. I'm using the USBUIRT as an output device to send IR commands to the Cable Box. Must admit I'm a bit perplexed with your statement "I am not sure if USBUIRT is full supported.".  Who would know?

In any case it seems I am again stopped: Can't have MC learn the number keys and don't know how to set up the USBUIRT to send signals to the Cable Box.

Hope you can help further.

Thanks,
Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 05:14:32 pm »

Hi Yaobing,

Under Tools/Options/Remote Control there are many commands listed, but no numbers. I'm using V.168.

Click "Next" button.  You get "Select which external equipment functions you would like to control with Media Center remote".

The bottom of the list is "Set-top box numbers".  You can deselect all others, and only select this one.

I'm using your Media Center Remote receiver as an input device.

"your Media Center Remote receiver" - the device sold by JRiver?  It comes with an IR blaster, doesn't it?

Must admit I'm a bit perplexed with your statement "I am not sure if USBUIRT is full supported.".  Who would know?
Perhaps Matt or John  ;)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 08:23:06 am »

As best as I can determine the USBUIRT is supported as a receiver, but not as a transmitter in MC. If anybody has successfully used it as a transmitter I'd sure appreciate their comments here. Or Yaobing if you can get further information from others in your company it would sure be helpful.

Let me explain how our system is running with Sage, and please keep in mind I need to keep Sage going in parallel until we can make the changeover to MC. All recording is done on the WHS machine because it's on 24/7. The HDPVR connects to the WHS via USB. There is also a USBUIRT on the WHS which is used as an IR blaster to change channels on the Cable Box.

In our HT room we have an HTPC Client. IT is the computer that has your MCE remote receiver on it. We actually use a Harmony One remote that sends signals to your receiver to control the HTPC.

We have been able to fairly easily set all this up within Sage, except for the Harmony which has it's own software. Sage has support for the USBUIRT blaster on the WHS.

Since our MCE remote receiver is used on the HTPC we need to be able to use the USBUIRT as a blaster on the WHS, or less preferably, add another MCE IR Receiver to the WHS. Also it appears that your Remote Control setup wont function properly without a MCE receiver/blaster connected.

Thanks again for your help.

Rod

Edit: It may not have been clear that the HTPC client is the one connected to the television. It is also used for watching all media and scheduling/deleting recordings.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2011, 12:50:11 am »

I think you're right re USBUIRT recving, but not blasting.

My advice would be to try Girder or HIP ByRemote for this kind of thing, otherwise fork out the coin for a MCE receiver (a cheap ebay one will do the trick) and teach the Harmony one to be an MCE remote.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2011, 08:01:58 am »

I think you're right re USBUIRT recving, but not blasting.

My advice would be to try Girder or HIP ByRemote for this kind of thing, otherwise fork out the coin for a MCE receiver (a cheap ebay one will do the trick) and teach the Harmony one to be an MCE remote.

imugli,

Thanks for the information.  The real issue here I believe is that our Harmony Remote gives commands to our Client HTPC. The Client in turn needs to interact with the Server so that the Server gives the blasting commands to the Cable Box. The MC16 Remote Control Setup that I'm being asked to configure on the Server appears to be looking for Inputs directly from a Remote Control which will never be the case. Or perhaps it just wants to see an MCE Receiver so it can do the blasting.

Later I'll try moving our MCE Receiver from the Client to the Server just to see if I can get a little further through the setup procedure. But long term I don't know about having two IR Receivers on the Server - the MCE and the USBUIRT. Perhaps I can buy a second MCE Receiver and reconfigure Sage to use the MCE Receiver instead of the USBUIRT.

I am also wondering if MC16 is going to be able to handle our configuration. But I'll keep plugging along in the hopes that it will!

Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2011, 10:22:19 am »

This is not going well!  I temporarily moved our JRiver MCE remote to our WHS machine. WHS will not install drivers for it. I've just spent a bunch of time Googling WHS and MCE remotes and everyone has been unable to make them work together. As best I can determine the MCE drivers are looking for a component of Microsoft Media Center 2005 that is not installed on WHS.

So perhaps this is why folks on the Sage forum recommended using the USBUIRT as a blaster on WHS. That is what I did and it has worked well. Sage directly supports using the USBUIRT as a tuning device (Control at STB).

On the USBUIRT website they mention a developer API being available. This must be how Sage integrated the device. Here is the USBUIRT page where the API is mentioned  http://www.usbuirt.com/overview.htm  

It looks like the only way for anyone to use JRiver on a WHS machine for TV and blasting a STB will be if JRiver integrates this in MC. They already have support for the USBUIRT receiving signals, hopefully the blasting addition will not be a beig deal for them.  Please, please!

Thanks,
Rod

Edit:  Forgot to mention that to work on WHS whatever needs to be done would be the same as for XP. At least that what I gathered from my Googling.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 10:08:55 am »

I should also add that many people on the Sage Forum gave up on the blaster included with the HDPVR after having a lot of difficulties with it. So when I got the HDPVR I also bought a USBUIRT for its reliability. Apparently Glynor is one of those that was able to make the HDPVR blaster work in Sage.

So if we are to be able to tune a Set top box in MC on a WHS it seems the only reliable device is the USBUIRT blaster.

Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2011, 04:04:45 pm »

Rod,

Thanks for explaining your systems. 

Yes, normally remote control is used on client machines only.  The IR blaster on the server however needs to be configured (taught what code to use when MC needs to tune to certain channel).  The learning process, as it is now, must require both the IR blaster and a remote signal receiver.  When configuring, you do not use the remote control that you normally use to control your client.  Instead you use your set-top box's remote control (cable company's remote control) to teach MC what codes to remember for numbers '1' to '9'.  Therefore it is still your best shot to try installing an MCE remote on your server (although I understand that you tried and had trouble doing it).

Yaobing

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2011, 07:13:22 pm »

Hi Yaobing,

Thanks for your further explanations.

I fear that we are at a dead end using MC on WHS unless you folks will enable the USBUIRT blaster and receiver to be used on the Server in lieu of the MCE remote.

As I said before after spending a lot of time Googling, everyone I read of that tried an MCE remote on a WHS was unsuccessful.

So will JRiver do what is necessary to allow the USBUIRT, or something else that will work on WHS? If not I just can't go any further. You have also had other past requests to enable the USBUIRT as a Blaster. And there are probably many other Sage/WHS users who have considered MC for TV that will have to give up.

I really hope that you will do this.

Thanks,
Rod

Edited 9/13/2011: Tamed down my frustrated grumpy tone from last night.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2011, 07:38:19 am »

Bump.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2011, 08:06:54 am »

We are thinking about how to deal with WHS, which has given us quite a few troubles.  John said he will put USBUIRT on his list, to see if there is a easy fix.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2011, 08:19:49 am »

We are thinking about how to deal with WHS, which has given us quite a few troubles.  John said he will put USBUIRT on his list, to see if there is a easy fix.

Hi Yaobing,

Thanks for the response. And glad to know that you are trying to deal with it.

Just for reference I have been using WHS for probably two years now. We have all our media: music, videos, TV and photos on it. We access it from several computers and two Sage extenders. Besides interfacing Sage and Photoshop Elements with it we have used MC for music and Videos for quite awhile. All without any difficulties.

Are your "Quite a few troubles" only with TV or in other areas as well?

Would sure appreciate being kept abreast of your progress in this area. Regardless if it's good or bad news. Also I understand you don't have a WHS system there to use for testing. If there is anything I could do for you at this end I would be more than pleased to try to help out.

Thanks,
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 05:08:23 pm »

Hi Yaobing,

It's been about 3 weeks since I last heard from you. Would sure appreciate knowing the status of this. Do hope you folks are making some headway! My offer still stands if you need some testing done on a WHS.

Also has John had any luck with the USBUIRT?

Thanks very much.

Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2011, 11:41:10 am »

Sorry, there have being no progresses on either front.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2011, 01:09:00 pm »

Sorry, there have being no progresses on either front.

Hi Yaobing,

Thanks for the answer even though it's of course not what I wanted to hear.

As you know I need to find a replacement for SageTV for the unfortunate day that it may die and become unrepairable on our system. I've been really hoping for many reasons that the replacement will be MC.

Should I hold out hope that you will have a workable WHS TV system in say the next three to six months, or should I move on to something else. Would sure appreciate a candid answer here.

Thanks,
Rod

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2011, 01:34:19 pm »

I don't think we can say where we'll be in 3 to 6 months.  Sorry. 

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2011, 04:02:35 pm »

I don't think we can say where we'll be in 3 to 6 months.  Sorry. 

Thanks for the candid answer Jim. Guess I can continue to hope anyway.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up