INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art  (Read 2028 times)

syeoak

Cover Art
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:37:32 am »

Why is it that for some albums I see Cover Art for each track, yet other wlbums with many tracks only show one album cover art. This would be my preferred view for all albums but they are a mix of both at present.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:20:52 am »

You can try to mark all tracks of one album (with different cover art one several files), and use the Cover Art -> "Quick find in file /cover art directory" tool.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 04:57:50 pm »

You can try to mark all tracks of one album (with different cover art one several files), and use the Cover Art -> "Quick find in file /cover art directory" tool.

If a mod peeks into this topic, I have a tip: expand the "Quick find" feature. Either have it be less choosy as to what it takes as the cover art (one would assume cover.jpg to make the cut, but nope) or perhaps give it a browser like the "Lookup cover art" feature and have it display all images in the containing folder.

Micah

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 02:54:41 am »

It should pick up the folder.jpg file, but it all depends where you have chosen to store your cover art (next to media or in a separate folder). Options - File Location - Cover Art.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 09:57:29 pm »

It should pick up the folder.jpg file, but it all depends where you have chosen to store your cover art (next to media or in a separate folder). Options - File Location - Cover Art.

Whoops, sorry I am slow to reply: thought I was subscribed to this topic but I guess not.

That is how I have it set up, in the same folder as the files, but not as folder.jpg. Will I have better luck if I switch it to that? I don't want to have to try and rename all my cover.jpg to folder.jpg, but, if I must, I can batch it.

Thanks!
Micah

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 10:38:20 pm »

You can 'batch' it in MC. The cover.jpgs should be part of your Images library. Do a search for cover.jpg, then find and replace all instances of 'cover' in the [name] field with 'folder'. The using 'rename copy move files', rename the filenames to [name].jpg

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 10:50:03 am »

You can 'batch' it in MC. The cover.jpgs should be part of your Images library. Do a search for cover.jpg, then find and replace all instances of 'cover' in the [name] field with 'folder'. The using 'rename copy move files', rename the filenames to [name].jpg

Worked perfectly! Thanks very much for your help on this. If you have any other album art management tips (such as what to do when you have all the art for the album in the folder), I'd love to hear them.

Micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up