INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not putting album covers on iPod  (Read 1879 times)

jibbler

• Recent member
Not putting album covers on iPod
« on: August 23, 2011, 06:22:43 am »

MJ14.0.166 on Win7 SP1 64-bit is working well and am happily off iTunes :)

As I already have most things on my iPod 5th gen I have only just started to transfer a few things onto it using MJ and have found an issue. In MJ rip CDs to .wav then use Lame (as external encoder) to convert to MP3. I get album art and put it in the same folder as the MP3s and tell MJ to embed the art in the file. This shows up perfectly in MJ and also in Windows Explorer so the MP3 do have the art. I also have some .m4a files ripped with iTunes and have added the art with MJ and these also show fine in MJ. But when I transfer them to my iPod it doesn't show the art when I play them on the iPod.

Any ideas why this isn't working?

jibbler

• Recent member
Re: Not putting album covers on iPod
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 05:57:29 pm »

Is this a feature that's only available in MC? If so, I'd buy MC. But if it's supposed to work in MJ and it doesn't then that's a bug. Anyone know?

jibbler

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 09:07:50 pm »

No one else noticed this?? Surely someone uses MJ to put tracks on an iPod. If it works for others and not me, why? If it doesn't work for others, that's a bug.

jibbler

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 01:45:36 am »

Seriously, has no one either noticed that this does actually work or doesn't??? Someone in the world must've transferred music from MJ to iPod and either got the artwork or not got the artwork. Anyone??

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 02:39:31 pm »

Works for me with a classic and mp3 files with embeded cover-art. I don't think MJ 14 can handle m4a covert-art to external devices though.

jibbler

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 06:24:29 pm »

Works for me with a classic and mp3 files with embeded cover-art
Is this with the current MJ14.0.166???

As per my original post the art is definitely embedded within the MP3 as Windows Explorer sees this as does MJ itself. So the question is why isn't it transferring it to my Classic 5th gen.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 10:01:32 am »

Is this with the current MJ14.0.166???

As per my original post the art is definitely embedded within the MP3 as Windows Explorer sees this as does MJ itself. So the question is why isn't it transferring it to my Classic 5th gen.

I can't reproduce your problem. The 80gb classic we have here works fine. You could try reducing the coverart size on a file (if it's large). I only use jpeg coverart, what are you using?

Pages: [1]   Go Up