INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dts-ma analogue out from sound card  (Read 2453 times)

lbstyling

• Recent member
dts-ma analogue out from sound card
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:53:30 am »

Hi all,
I understand its possible to decode and output the hd codecs such as dts-ma and DD true hd through a soundcard using j river by adding a dll file or somthing??

Is there a guide somewhere for this??

Thanks peeps!

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: dts-ma analogue out from sound card
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:49:31 pm »

MC16's Red October uses LAVAudio that can decode full bitrate and depth of all major condecs (eg including TrueHD).  To add full bit debth / rate decoding for DTS-MA you will need to copy the "dtsdecoderdll.dll" file from your Arcsoft TMT installation to the "Windows\System32 folder" (Windows 7 32-bit) or "Windows\SysWOW64" (Windows 7 64-bit).
JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 04:29:50 pm »

You can also copy it into the install directory of JRiver (eg. C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 16\), thats usually saner then putting it into the windows system folder.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 04:38:19 pm »

You can also copy it into the install directory of JRiver (eg. C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 16\), thats usually saner then putting it into the windows system folder.

it's been said that upgrading Media Center can/will remove this file from this location.  I've not tested myself, but can tonight after I upgrade.

I just put mine in the system32 folder, and it seems to be working fine.

NOTE: I run Win7 x64, but Media Center is 32bit software so I need this dll in the 32 bit path (system32 folder)

I don't have/use any 64bit players, so I've not copied to the SysWOW64 folder.
pretend this is something funny

lbstyling

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 08:30:27 am »

wicked!
I put it in both. ;D

what about Dolby true hd?

PS, sooo chuffed with this program!

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 12:51:52 pm »

LAV Audio handles TrueHD natively, no other dll's are needed for anything other codecs :) :)
pretend this is something funny

lbstyling

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 04:31:54 pm »

all sorted.. ;D

But can I tell the difference,?? Ill have to play with it a bit and see.

Thankyou all!

Trumpetguy

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 08:30:30 am »

I have been living on the edge and put the decoder dll in any folder suggested on different threads. Still it seems that the bitrate coming out to my DAC is 1536kbps (don't remember if this is the exact number), i.e. the bitrate of dts core (standard dts). Is there any way to monitor or verify if LAVaudio decoder actually provides the dts-hd stream? Except from being able to hear the difference, which is probably not easy.

lbstyling

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 12:20:35 pm »

play a dts ma 7.1 recorded track with native output forced, as only dts ma has the ability to output 7.1 natively (i think)

Ive got several files playing with 40000kbps reading at the top of the screen.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 02:25:42 pm »

Is there any way to monitor or verify if LAVaudio decoder actually provides the dts-hd stream? Except from being able to hear the difference, which is probably not easy.
You can install a manual installation of LAV Audio, select Red October Advanced (with additional filters), and select LAV audio as the audio decoder. Don't add the dtsdecoderdll.dll file to the manual installation. Now JRiver will use your manual installation and you can right click during playback on the screen, select DirectShow Filters, select LAV Audio, and select the status tab. It will show if you are playing back DTS-HD or just the DTS core.

I have a DTS-HD file that has a silent core so the only way that it will play is if the DTS-HD is being decoded. The file is from the AIX Records Blu-ray Calibration & Demonstration Disc.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 05:13:16 pm »

FYI - The ability to check how the DTS-MA stream (as well as others) is being decoded within MC16 and RO/ ROHQ is comming
JRiver CEO Elect

Trumpetguy

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 03:17:27 am »

FYI - The ability to check how the DTS-MA stream (as well as others) is being decoded within MC16 and RO/ ROHQ is comming

That is useful, the only info I get right now is the name of the audio stream. Sometimes bitrate info is there, but I do not know whether that is some header info or the actual bitrate. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up