INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo and ripped DVD's: "Video not found"  (Read 1649 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Gizmo and ripped DVD's: "Video not found"
« on: August 26, 2011, 04:57:25 am »

I have Gizmo working on my Samsung Galaxy S II with MC16 in trial version. The internet/streaming/remote actions are the reason I want to upgrade to MC16.
I solved some problems on the way, but I don't understand why I cannot see my ripped DVD's on my phone or extended computer.

I have several HD attached to a Belkin Home Base. When I double click on a ripped DVD in my library it starts playing right away. With Gizmo I get "Video not found" and a string with the address it's trying to find.
Any idea what can cause this? I can play mkv and mov files so I guess it CAN find the HD and the files it need to play.

Thanks,

Theo

mgb

• Recent member
Re: Gizmo and ripped DVD's: "Video not found"
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 03:36:57 pm »

I've had the same problem since I first installed Gizmo.

I had the same problem under MC 15, but now I'm running Media Center 16.0.179.  I also have Gizmo version 16.0.179 installed.

On the PC running MC16, I have many .avi files which were imported into MC16, which I can play from within MC16 as well as from Gizmo on my Asus Transformer Android Tablet.

I also have a directory of ripped DVDs which are in the form of a directory containing a single VIDEO_TS sub-directory, which in turn contains a Video_TS.IFO file and the remaining files that make up the DVD.

I asked MC16 to import the content from the DVD directory, and it successfully found all those DVDs and added them to the Video Tab.  Further, if I select Video / Files under MC16, an entry shows up for each DVD and if I select it, the DVD starts playing with both video and audio.

When I use Gizmo to connect to MC16 from my Android Tablet and select Videos, I see the same list of Video content.  However, when I select a DVD, the screen shifts to playback mode, then I get an error:

Video not found: http://192.168.0.9:52199/WebPlay/MCWS/v1/File/GetFile.flv&File=25731&Conversion=26&Start=&Token=GgikeVbw

So, what's the story?  Gizmo and MC16 are not working together.

TFlashman

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 12:42:22 am »

Bump

I have this problem as well.

Videos are playing fine, but not from gizmo.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 02:13:35 am »

The problem seems nobody answers to this problem. That's why I hesitate to upgrade again. I will face new problems again and keep spending too much time to figure out what to do about it. It sure doesn't help I'm not an expert on these matters.
When I got my DVD rips to play on my Samsung Galaxy 2 it doesn't scroll wide to both sides of the screen. I get a sort of 4:3 image. Wrote about this several times never got an answer. When trying to play movies on a PC I get a white screen where nothing happens. Music and pictures are shown though. Maybe when I have time to spend I'll give MC17 a try...

Regards,

Theo
Pages: [1]   Go Up