INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot output 5.1 with device  (Read 995 times)

apturbo

• Junior Woodchuck
Cannot output 5.1 with device
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:14:17 pm »

Recently purchased a usb device that allows me to output optical digital out to my receiver.  2 channel works fine but when trying to play a movie it gives me the error saying there is a problem.  I asked the manufacturer of the device about this and here is what they said...

please let me know what of the many settings in jriver I should select in order to make this work, thanks.

Product Code:

usb-snd8

Operating System:

win 7 x64

Where did you buy it:

microcenter

I can get 2 channel stereo with no problem via optical out.

I cannot get 5.1 sound via optical output into my a/v receiver. Should I be able to or not? If so, then please tell me what settings I should make in both your software drivers and in my movie player which is j river media center. J river media center says there is a problem with your device when trying to play a 5.1 movie.

Attachments:
Capture.PNG

Date:

2011-08-26 09:02:23

Name:

HelpDesk

IT could be that your media player is trying to send the SND8 audio in a format such as Linear PCM or another proprietary mix which may require a software chip to be decoded. If this is the case then our device will not output this, unless it is converted to a mix that is compatible with windows, so that it can output it to our device.

Thank you,
 Brian
 323-266-0911

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Cannot output 5.1 with device
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 01:34:23 pm »

You have to enable bitstreaming to output 5.1 on S/PDIF. 

In Options > Video, pick "S/PDIF" as your bitstreaming selection.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up