INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: japanese language  (Read 1099 times)

medvedik

japanese language
« on: August 27, 2011, 06:00:51 am »

Hi,

I have also many Japanese music in my library. I had the titles of the songs in japanese writing and the name of the artist also together with the western style (abc...).
Today I noticed that all the Japanese language is changed into squares. I really don't have an idea if it is since a latest update.

When I look in firefox, i still can see the Japanese language, also in my explorer, so I don't think it's a problem of Windows7.
But I did do a registry cleaning with CCleaner yesterday. Could that be the problem?

Hopefully anyone has an idea, because it took me alot of work to put both the languages there.

Thanks in advance,

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: japanese language
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 07:19:00 am »

Hi,

I have also many Japanese music in my library. I had the titles of the songs in japanese writing and the name of the artist also together with the western style (abc...).
Today I noticed that all the Japanese language is changed into squares. I really don't have an idea if it is since a latest update.

When I look in firefox, i still can see the Japanese language, also in my explorer, so I don't think it's a problem of Windows7.
But I did do a registry cleaning with CCleaner yesterday. Could that be the problem?

Hopefully anyone has an idea, because it took me alot of work to put both the languages there.
I don't know why it happened, but MC makes automatic backups.  Go to File/Library to restore one.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 06:50:33 pm »

CCleaner registry cleaning is *bad*
While I've got no empirical evidence it's to blame in this case, it isn't something that's needed, or that you should be doing :)

I've also got a large amount of Japanese characters in various library fields, and they haven't changed recently. Do as JimH suggests and try restoring the most recent backup, and we'll see where we go from there.

-Leezer-

medvedik

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 02:37:36 pm »

Thank you for the solutions.

Although I restarted a few times when it was wrong, it didn't help.
My pc has been of for a night, and now everything is back to normal without having to restore a backup.  ;D

I already use ccleaner for years, never had any problem. But now it seems there went something wrong, because I noticed today other programs have problems too.

But thanks guys... this is solved
Pages: [1]   Go Up