INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualization and seek problem using DLNA  (Read 2625 times)

matty

• Recent member
Visualization and seek problem using DLNA
« on: August 28, 2011, 06:36:49 am »

Visualization  and seek problem using DLNA

Hi

I am using latest build of MC16 primarily to feed a Marantz NA7004A network player (audio only). MC16 is on my laptop which I use to control playback on the Marantz, preferably in theatre view.

My problems are:

1.   No seek. Fast forward moves the position forward but then it just jumps back to the current playing position.

2.   No visualizations in display view.

3.   Sometimes MC repeats same track continuously  (with repeat set to off). This happens intermittently but when it starts doing this changing the repeat settings has no effect. After a while MC just replays the first 7 seconds and then jumps back to the beginning. This is cured by restarting the laptop.

When the laptop is set to play “here” all works fine. I have MC set to generic DNLA and am using  FLAC files stored on a NAS. The laptop is cabled (to eliminate wireless as a cause). The Marantz is also cabled. To eliminate the laptop I have the same results when using a desktop.

All help greatly appreciated!

Matt

matty

• Recent member
Re: Visualization and seek problem using DLNA
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 03:46:25 am »

Please can anyone help me?

Be good to hear from J River!

thanks

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 09:21:37 am »

Please can anyone help me?

Be good to hear from J River!

thanks
I suppose the flac is being converted? What is your audio conversion setting under "add or configure dlna servers.." in Media Network options?
Conversion should be transparent however if your renderer supports flac you might try turning conversion off.

matty

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 10:10:24 am »

Hi, Thanks, Conversion is set to off so the file is not being converted, all my files are in FLAC format and my rendered supports that and sounds great.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 11:18:00 am »

It's possible the Marantz doesn't support seek on flac files. We tell the renderer the files are seekable when we send them.
Are you using MC as the controller (pushing the files to the Marantz)?

You could try downloading the upnp developer tools:
http://opentools.homeip.net/dev-tools-for-upnp

Start MC playing a track to the Marantz then switch away from that zone in MC and start the "device spy" tool from the dev tools. Find your Marantz in the list, open the AvTransport service, double click on Seek, leave the instance ID at 0, select REL_TIME from the unit box, put in a value like 0:00:24.500 in the Target box and hit invoke. It should jump to 24.5 seconds from the start. If that doesn't work, try it without the decimal (like 0:00:24) and see if that works. Report back. If these don't work you might check for firmware update for the Marantz.

matty

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 11:40:16 am »

Many thanks Bob, did this and no success. Invoke-Seek returns an error code 501 : Action Failed.

I have the latest firmware for the Marantz so I will now contact Marantz technical support.

Matt

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 02:37:20 pm »

Many thanks Bob, did this and no success. Invoke-Seek returns an error code 501 : Action Failed.

I have the latest firmware for the Marantz so I will now contact Marantz technical support.

Matt
Keep us posted as to what they say. Thanks!

MartinBar

• Recent member
Re: Visualization and seek problem using DLNA on Marantz
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 11:04:39 am »

Hello

I have found the same problem with the Marantz MCR603 this time using MP3 - any ideas welcome

thanks

matty

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 03:24:36 pm »

Hi, sorry I didn't post the Marantz reply - they just said it's not supported. However I now use JRemote on the iPad to control my system and its brilliant and so rather than get the streamer to control playback I am now controlling playback directly through MC.

if you've not seen JRemote and have an iPad do not hesitate - get it.

Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up