INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Android Tablet? Toshiba Thrive 16GB (Thoughts?)  (Read 3562 times)

redscare24

Best Android Tablet? Toshiba Thrive 16GB (Thoughts?)
« on: August 31, 2011, 07:28:36 pm »

I've been doing some research into what the best Android tablet seems to be and I am about to take the plunge and buy the Toshiba Thrive 16GB and was wondering if the J River community had any experience or suggestions about this Tablet, or one that would be a better choice.

The reason I chose this was it has full size HDMI, and USB ports as well as mini's although those aren't necessarily a dealbreaker for me.

If anyone could offer any advice, or suggestions as to if this is a good tablet to use with J River, or if there is one that is more highly recognized as being the best J River Tablet I would love the advice!

Thanks in advance!

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Best Android Tablet? Toshiba Thrive 16GB (Thoughts?)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 08:47:17 pm »

The new lenovo looks good.

And the HP touchpad for $99/$159 with an Android port from Cyanogen should be fun as well.

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 08:48:29 pm »

I can't comment on the Thrive, but if you want an Android Tablet, you may want to wait for the Amazon offering, which is rumored for October.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/239235/report_amazon_10inch_tablet_production_starts_early_next_year.html

The article says the 7" will come in October, and a 10" will follow next year.  I can understand if you don't want to wait until next year for the 10".  However, if you're OK with the 7" size, I think Amazon's product will quickly become the top selling Android tablet and the price should be very competitive. Toshiba may be forced to lower their price if they want to maintain market share.

Audioseduction

• World Citizen
  • World Class Referance Playback!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 06:44:20 pm »

I like my 32GB Motorola Xoom, it works perfect with Gizmo via my 5g wireless connection!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 06:54:14 pm »

I like my 32GB Motorola Xoom, it works perfect with Gizmo via my 5g wireless connection!!!
Nice to hear.  Thanks for the report.
Pages: [1]   Go Up