INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Upscaling Methods, Help.  (Read 2331 times)

RGBlues

• Recent member
Video Upscaling Methods, Help.
« on: September 01, 2011, 06:21:31 pm »

I am looking to improve PQ of AVI and DIVX compressed videos (typically 350 mB). The best method I have seen so far is Arcsoft TMT5 SIMHD. I have tried to get close to this benchmark using FFDSHOW Raw filters and adjusting deinterlacing, sharpening, and denoise parameters for .avi and .divx files.

Does anyone have the "magic tweaks" for achieving the high PQ similar SIMHD or PVD True Theater upscaling?

TIA   :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Upscaling Methods, Help.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 06:23:26 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Try the video settings called Red October Standard and Red October HQ in MC16.

Please tell us what version of MC you are using.

RGBlues

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:19:42 pm »

I am using MC16.168 with RO HQ advanced filters. What adjustments can I make to improve PQ with these filters?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:56:47 pm »

It's as good as it gets with RO HQ. If you want to add ffdshow raw filters, and tweak it, you're better off asking the question in Doom9 or AVSforum, specifically about ffdshow settings. This is an old thread, but may contain all you're looking for and more:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1172653

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 01:46:19 pm »

The other way of 'improving' MadVR is to colour calibrate the screen. MadVR can use a 3dlut to adjust the screen to a 'correct' colour calibration. You need a colorimeter or a spectrophotometer to measure what the screen is actually outputting and a bit of software like yCMS to produce the lut.  You can then be assured that the PQ is the best!

SBR

RGBlues

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 01:26:09 pm »

Thanks guys for the info. I have CCCP pack FFDSHOW raw filter selected. I use the default sharpening values and adjust post-processing values. PQ is very good now considering the poor quality of .avi videos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up