INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When played music on MC16 it was produced a noise like radio interference  (Read 2011 times)

jmorales72

• Recent member

Hi.

When I play some mp3 tracks on MC16 suddendly it was produced a strange noise like radio interference, then the music continues well.  It doenīt happen before.  It's like the system gets slow and that action was reproduced on speakers, but the reality it's that the computer works well and it doesnīt get stopped.  It seems that it only happens on new tracks I bought, but I have tried with older ones and the problem continues.   Sometimes happen and others not.

Iīm not sure, but itīs possible that the problem begins when I get installed itunes 10.4,  but like it produce some problems with aero I unistall itunes.

I need your help.

I have a desktop computer, windows 7 64bit, and thx sound card.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: When played music on MC16 it was produced a noise like radio interference
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 11:48:04 am »

Hi.

When I play some mp3 tracks on MC16 suddendly it was produced a strange noise like radio interference, then the music continues well.  It doenīt happen before.  It's like the system gets slow and that action was reproduced on speakers, but the reality it's that the computer works well and it doesnīt get stopped.  It seems that it only happens on new tracks I bought, but I have tried with older ones and the problem continues.   Sometimes happen and others not.

Iīm not sure, but itīs possible that the problem begins when I get installed itunes 10.4,  but like it produce some problems with aero I unistall itunes.

I need your help.

I have a desktop computer, windows 7 64bit, and thx sound card.

Sounds like an audio driver problem.
Try Tools->Options->Audio->Audio Output
Select Direct Sound (if it isn't already).

If it is already running direct sound, check for an windows driver update for your audio hardware. Otherwise I suspect you have a hardware failure in progress...

jmorales72

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 01:53:40 pm »

Hi.  I checked those issues but the problem persist.  I re-install audio driver and the problem continuos.  Dell support told me that maybe MC16 makes some changes that can generated this noise on Windows 7 64-bit.  I said to them that I have MC series software for several years and I did not have this problem.

This problem begin when I installed I-tunes and one software for Windows XP, so I made a recovery of the PC to eliminate this problem.  Before de recovery the noise occur 2 or 3 times en 10 minutes, now, it occurs 2 or 3 times in one hour, but they still occur.

Do you know if I have to make some changes in the MC16 configuration to eliminate this problem or if I have to make some others changes?  I donīt think MC16 was the problem, but how can I resolve it?

Please help.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 11:45:35 am »

Hi.  I checked those issues but the problem persist.  I re-install audio driver and the problem continuos.  Dell support told me that maybe MC16 makes some changes that can generated this noise on Windows 7 64-bit.  I said to them that I have MC series software for several years and I did not have this problem.

This problem begin when I installed I-tunes and one software for Windows XP, so I made a recovery of the PC to eliminate this problem.  Before de recovery the noise occur 2 or 3 times en 10 minutes, now, it occurs 2 or 3 times in one hour, but they still occur.

Do you know if I have to make some changes in the MC16 configuration to eliminate this problem or if I have to make some others changes?  I donīt think MC16 was the problem, but how can I resolve it?

Please help.

Wifi perhaps?
On my HP netbook, if I'm using wifi and the playing tunes at the same time I can hear bursts of noise when the wifi transmits. It's a bad hardware design really. You may also hear it when you have a cellphone close to the computer and it transmits data.

The only way I can get it to stop completely on my netbook is by using ethernet instead of a wireless connection. If I use a USB audio adapter it's almost inaudible.

jmorales72

• Recent member

Hi Bob, thank you for your help.

I changed WiFi internet conection for a lan, but the problem persist.  I have change mother board, re-install audio driver, and change video card, but the noise remain.

What can I do to solve it?  I need your help.

bob

• Administrator

If the noise is always at the same point in a song, perhaps there is something wrong with some of your files (corrupted hard drive, etc).

If the noise is random it's a lot more difficult. You didn't mention your sound card, is it separate or on the motherboard? If separate, did you change it out when you replaced computer components or try a USB sound device?

It still could be something in your environment, some electrical equipment that causes the noise (like a bad fan motor, flickering neon or florescent light, etc) in your house somewhere. A nearby ham radio operator with equipment or an antenna that's out of spec, a close commercial radio station, a cell phone tower, the possibilities are pretty huge. You might try turning on a radio and putting it between stations (on static) and see if the noise tracks what you hear on the computer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up