INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.171 -- Available Here  (Read 1724 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.171 -- Available Here
« on: September 09, 2011, 10:58:19 am »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates
or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160171.exe
or
Subscribe to one of the Update Channels.

New MC16 Features and Upgrade Instructions

16.0.171 (9/8/2011)

1. Fixed: DLNA. A change made in 16.0.111 caused MC to return a slightly different URL in status calls than was originally provided by MC's DLNA server (when the same instance of MC was being used as the server and renderer). This caused undesirable behavior for some control points (i.e. PlugPlayer).
2. NEW: Blu-ray disc ripping.  Same requirements as for disc playback: must have ANYDVD HD or other Blu-ray reader software installed.  More information
3. Changed: Media subtype of "Movie" is automatically set on all DVD/BD rips.
4. Fixed: When DVD and BD discs were swapped in and out of the drive several times, a Media Center crash could occur.
5. Changed: Nicer view header info when viewing BD & DVD discs.
6. Changed: DVD/BD rips bring up "Get Movie Info" dialog after clicking the Rip button if no meta-data has been entered for the movie.
7. Changed: When the media insertion dialog pops up for a DVD/BD and "Rip" is chosen, the rip action window appears allowing the user to modify the movie name rather than having the rip start up immediately.

16.0.170 (9/2/2011)

1. Fixed: Some WMV videos (for example the Windows 7 sample video Wildlife.wmv) wouldn't play on Android.
2. Changed: Red October will use EVR as the default renderer when it is available on XP (instead of VMR 9).
3. Changed: Software deinterlacing is disabled when using EVR in favor of the hardware-based deinterlacing that EVR provides.
4. Changed: The choice to rip a dvd as well as play the dvd is now presented when a DVD disc is inserted in the drive.

16.0.169 (9/1/2011)

1. Fixed: Movies weren't showing up under genre categories for Netflix in Theater View (Netflix had changed their genres).
2. Fixed: Closing the Smartlist editor while a drop box was open showing its content could lead to a crash.
3. Fixed: Rotten Tomatoes JSON parsing could hang when it encountered escaped quotation marks.
4. Fixed: DVD bookmark loading wasn't working in some cases.
5. Fixed: List style customization could present the wrong choices when using tree navigation of library views.
6. Fixed: Netflix TV series not adding to instant queue when requested (still have to restart MC before seeing them in the queue).

16.0.168 (8/31/2011)

1. Fixed: DVD playback wasn't working properly on Android (still).

16.0.167 (8/31/2011)

1. Fixed: DVD playback wasn't working properly on Android.

16.0.166 (8/31/2011)

Internal testing build.

16.0.165 (8/30/2011)

1. Fixed: WVC-1 content could have an unknown video codec listed in the compression info field (use Update Library from Tags to update existing files).
2. Changed: Red October video converter uses LAV CUVID when possible.
3. Changed: Red October video converter (Gizmo, etc.) supports the Microsoft MPEG decoder.
4. NEW: Ripped DVD plays to Android devices.

16.0.164 (8/29/2011)

1. Changed: Added the ability to put a graphic under the option buttons in the player window in a Standard View skin (Playerbar\OptionButtonsBackground).
2. Changed: Added support for more view header skin colors so the header and body can use different color schemes (HeaderTextColor, HeaderHotTextColor, ActiveTabTextColor).
3. NEW: Bad / corrupt files get imported to a special database location so that the files won't get analyzed over and over with each import (smartlist ~d=b shows files).
4. Fixed: Showing the import dialog could crash in rare cases.

16.0.163 (8/26/2011)

1. Fixed: The 'Language' on screen display was not working for DVD playback.
2. Fixed: When starting DVD playback, a portion of the display could be cut off in some cases.
3. Changed: Red October Standard uses the Microsoft video decoder for WVC-1 content.
4. NEW: DSP Studio shows the source and internal audio formats on the bottom of the dialog.

16.0.162 (8/26/2011)

Internal testing build.

16.0.161 (8/25/2011)

1. Fixed: Possible memory over read from a corrupt or specially crafted registry setting.
2. Faster: Evaluating the same regex over and over in an expression is much faster.
4. NEW: Added Rotten Tomatoes as a possible data source to the Lookup Movie dialog.
5. NEW: Added string field 'Critic Rating' for storing rating information, like a Rotten Tomato score.
6. Changed: Tuned size of view category editing dialog.
7. Changed: Automatic media sub type guessing used in Theater View assumes WTV files are television.
8. Changed: Removed unneeded "(root)" label shown on location panes with no base path.
9. Chagned: Removed the > symbols between drop-down pane items in the view header.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 16.0.171 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 11:23:55 am »

ksvane

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 11:49:51 am »

If I click the Performer Store in the left sidebar when there's no network connection, MC crashes...

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 01:32:57 pm »

When importing DVD files the "name" tag imports (probably, but I'm not really sure) the folder's name instead of the tag from sidecar. This is very inconvenient with names with slashes, or a dot at the end "Cougars, Inc." With the title "Give 'em Hell, Malone" I get "Give 'Em Hell, Malone". However the folder's name is also "Give 'em Hell, Malone" without the capital "e". Doing an "update library from tags" doesn't help me either. Gives me the wrong input allthough the sidecar file has the right "name" tag. It's getting worse when the "name" tag is something like "CSI Miami Season 1: Episode 1" and I get only "Episode 1" in the name tag when importing it. 

Can somebody confirm this please? Working on XP SP3.

Playing DVD files on GIZMO gives still the wrong aspect ratio. It looks like it's not stretch the whole way to the left and the right. No subtitles.
After some struggling I got a mkv file to work perfect, even with subtitles shown.

I use RED OCTOBER standard (recommended)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:57:03 pm »

When playing DVD files resume does work again. However when I update the tags and then go to the same movie it starts from the beginning.
It starts then stops for a moment (several seconds) before it starts to play from the start. When going further into the movie, stop and start again it resumes fine.

I still got this type of bookmark in the sidecar file: <Field Name="Bookmark">z8Vj+Vmmk0qWOMrzzSd9EwEBAAD4AQAApxuohK13xUSvapEUvxgnUR0/qgPt2pM9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</Field>

Should it look like this?

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 03:38:47 pm »

I just migrated my Library and MC to a new laptop, since which when I rename files from properties to a new location MC now leaves behind empty folders.

It will delete the sub-folder that the files were inside, but not it's empty parent as MC has done for me previously.

Is this a Win7 issue? All else in my settings is the same I believe.
. . . the game is rigged
Pages: [1]   Go Up