INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto album artist and delimited lists  (Read 738 times)

fredhammersmith

• World Citizen
Auto album artist and delimited lists
« on: September 10, 2011, 02:27:32 pm »

I seem to have a problem with my new library. My music drive crashed, and trying to recreate my library from back-ups worked perfectly, except for the artist album field.

First, I must say that i use a user field for my artist album field, the reason being that i love to list each album under artists names and related artist names. For instance, in the case of Bob Marley albums, I'll have as an artist: Marley, Bob and Bob Marley & the Wailers. So my artist field will look like: Marley, Bob; Bob Marley & the Wailers

Of course, I'd like the auto album artist field to acts the same way, and i'd like it to do it automatically, but i am not getting that result, as you can see here:

As you can see, my calculated user field has behaved differently. Some tracks show: Bob Marley & the Wailers;Marley, Bob. Others show Marley, Bob. Manually filling an album artist field is a potential nightmare for me. Anything i may have overlooked?

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto album artist and delimited lists
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 03:38:36 pm »

MC thinks an album is an album if album title AND album artist are the same.
If this is not the case it will split an album.

Populating the Album Artist is a nightmare taking about 30 sec of your time.

In detail view
-   Sort by Album Artist
-   Select all empty values
-   Type =[Artist]
E voila

http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Players/MC14/MC_Expression_excel.htm

BTW even WMP supports multiple values for artist. It is about time that MC matches WMP on this aspect.

Pages: [1]   Go Up