INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server over wireless adhoc connection  (Read 1308 times)

EpF

• Citizen of the Universe
Library Server over wireless adhoc connection
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:30:07 pm »

Is there any reason why MC wouldn't be able to connect to a library over a wireless adhoc connection between 2 W7 computers? I cannot ping the server using an IP address, but I can using the server name to connect to the library...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Library Server over wireless adhoc connection
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 01:57:35 pm »

It seems like it'd work, but I think you're going to have to just try it and see.

You may need to connect using a computer name (i.e. http://mycomputer:52100/) instead of an Access Key or IP address.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

EpF

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 07:48:26 pm »

Thanks Matt - that appears to work at first, though it gives a read only warning. However, even though it shows the library as loaded (and it looks like it actually does connect, because the name of the library under Playing Now includes capitalisation that I didn't use in the connection dialogue), it doesn't actually download the server file and there are no files in the library. I connect to this library using another computer that is wired, and that works.

Another strange thing is that if I use a different port to the one the server is running on, the exact same thing happens - it looks like it loads, but doesn't actually.

I can connect to and browse the serving computer no problem.

Any thoughts?

EpF

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 03:58:10 pm »

Bump
Pages: [1]   Go Up