INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would be nice to make custom rename changes to the "Clean file properties" menu  (Read 1215 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen

I have a request for a feature that I think would be beneficial in the organization of my (and perhaps others?) libraries.

Sometimes I'd like to fix the capitalization for large chunks of files. However, in the clean file properties, I can't do this effectively because I'll "break" a lot of files I don't want changed. for instance, the band MGMT will change to Mgmt. There are lots of issues with bands that use all-caps, or punctuation in their names or album titles that will give plenty of problems.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe

The tool already only applies to the files selected. How would you suggest the tool itself omit the files you don't want changed?

With the new Regex() function in mind, I've already suggested the tool allow custom expressions to be used. But that's not going to be very effective in identifying things not to change either.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team

This is an excellent idea. I have been meaning to request it for some time.
I don't use 'fix capitalization' because it does all words when I don't want all done.
An option called 'keep case of these words' needs added.
It could just be a list of words that MC leaves alone.
It would be nice if the list was saved in, or exported to a txt or csv file for transfer between machines.
Here are just some of the words that i currently 'keep case':

I
II
III
IV
WWI
WWII
WWIII
1st
2nd
3rd
DVD
CD
EP
LP
UN
HAARP
UK
BBC
OK
XXI
iTunes
BLESTeNATION
ASHES dIVIDE
SGNL
16mm
HD
vs
ohGr
K-OS
100th
REM
IRS
BBB
2ch
4ch
6ch
FLAC
DJ
LL
9mm
AM
FM
PM
LMFAO
Sinéad O'Connor
BC
LA
POD
TV
texANS
21st
NYC
AC DC
PSB
DFA
AOL
PJ
BTK
XX

Please consider

rick.ca

If you're willing to make and rely on such an exclusion list, this is something that could be handled within a Regex() expression. Until it's possible to add a custom expression to the tool, you can still do this on your own. Create a "Fixed Capitalization" expression column based on your custom expression. That expression will be based on a regex which explicitly excluded the words in your list from the capitalization changes it otherwise makes. (I'm sure MrC could help you with that). When you're satisfied it's producing the results you want, copy it to [Name] (or whatever the target field is).

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen

This is an excellent idea. I have been meaning to request it for some time.
I don't use 'fix capitalization' because it does all words when I don't want all done.
It could just be a list of words that MC leaves alone.
It would be nice if the list was saved in, or exported to a txt or csv file for transfer between machines.
Here are just some of the words that i currently 'keep case':

I
II
III
IV
WWI
WWII
WWIII
1st
2nd
3rd
DVD