INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacks . . . ?  (Read 1049 times)

AoXoMoXoA

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
Stacks . . . ?
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:23:29 am »

After doing a conversion from flac to mp3 inside MC, I decided to try keeping some albums on my laptop in both flac and mp3 for ease of transfer to my handhelds and/or portable drives.
I moved the mp3's into my music folder and imported them, expecting to find that MC would use Stacks to help manage the files.

Apparently there is more to using Stacks than I was aware as now when I send an album to Playing Now I get both the flac and mp3 in my playing now list which then plays both in succession.

How do I get MC to recognize these as a Stack and send only the lossless file to Playing Now?
Must both formats of the file be in the same folder?
. . . the game is rigged

poordude1089

Re: Stacks . . . ?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 05:29:25 pm »

This may not be of much help since I only use mp3s, but you could try editing your library views to only show the .flac files, then set up other views or a smartlist to show the mp3s for moving to your device.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 07:06:44 pm »

So when I set up my stacks I would have dups of all songs for an album that I had in both MP3 and Flac. I would select all the songs (flac and Mp3) for that album and right click - stacks - advanced - autostack by artist, album, track and name. If all the tags are the same this will stack the tracks in an album. It will also ask is you want to specify what file is on top, and I select Flac so if I play a track by clicking on it it plays the Flac version.

Hope this helps...

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 07:34:48 pm »

hi kensn,

That seems like it would help tremendously, except that no matter where in the right-click menu I look I do not see anything that refers to Stacks or commands for them.

I  tried in a Panes vies which shows the mp3/flac dupes by artist / album as well as in a playlist that shows the same.

any idea what my problem is?

OK, seems you must be in a details view, not a thumbnail or album thumbnail view.

I got it now, thanks.
. . . the game is rigged

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:49:50 pm »

Right clicking on the track name does not show stack option?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:25:15 pm »

Cool Beans....  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up