INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.176 -- Latest Available Here  (Read 6016 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.176 -- Latest Available Here
« on: September 16, 2011, 01:43:22 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates
or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160176.exe
or
Subscribe to one of the Update Channels.

New MC16 Features and Upgrade Instructions

16.0.176 (9/15/2011)

1. Fixed: When a file previously marked as bad was later imported, it would not have its name filled automatically.
2. Fixed: Having the auto-import option to 'Update for external changes' disabled could (still) lead to problems with files that were marked as bad.

16.0.175 (9/13/2011)

1. Changed: Red October uses LAV 0.35 filters.
2. Fixed: Zooming into the selected thumbnail would not work properly if the scroll position was at the top of the list.
3. Fixed: The Theater View file info panel option to hide empty values did not work properly for the rating field.
5. Changed: Auto-import works better with removed and bad files when the options to 'Update for external changes' and 'Fix broken links' are disabled.
6. Changed: Doing 'Update Library (from tags)' on a file in the bad database will move the file out of the bad location into the main database if it succeeds.
7. Fixed: Screen grabbing of videos wouldn't work properly for some types.
8. Changed: After tagging Media Center explicitly sets the last modified time of the tagged file instead of assuming the file system will do it automatically (because network file systems are sometimes slow to update automatically).

16.0.174 (9/12/2011)

1. Fixed: Files that got imported while they were in the process of downloading or copying could get stuck in the 'bad database' location.
2. Changed: Media Center is better at automatically selecting forced subtitle streams in videos.
3. Fixed: DLNA. A change made in 16.0.111 caused MC to return a slightly different URL in status calls than was originally provided by MC's DLNA server (when the same instance of MC was being used as the server and renderer). This caused undesirable behavior for some control points (i.e. PlugPlayer).
4. Changed: Red October nicely handles the case where video acceleration with DXVA or LAV CUVID is supported by the decoder but not the renderer (previously playback would fail in this case).
5. Changed: All files & folders are now copied from Blu-ray discs during a rip, rather than just the BDMV files.
6. Changed: If a Blu-ray reader isn't available on the system, an informative error message is now displayed when a rip is attempted.
7. Changed: Internal change on how television time-shifting player graph is created.
8. Changed: Some experimental code and additional logging for DVB-T television channel scanning.

16.0.173 (9/9/2011)

1. Fixed: MadVR wasn't always getting loaded in Red October mode.

16.0.172 (9/9/2011)

1. Changed: File locations dialog now has separate entries for "Other Video", "Ripped BD Video", and "Ripped DVD Video".
2. Fixed: Disc was not ejecting following a DVD or BD rip, even though option was selected.
3. Changed: In the rip action window, pressing the ENTER key after typing a name for a DVD/BD disc will commence the ripping process.
4. Changed: When ripping DVD/BD discs, if the rip destination folder already contains files, the user is prompted on whether it's ok to overwrite them prior to starting the rip.

16.0.171 (9/8/2011)

1. Fixed: DLNA. A change made in 16.0.111 caused MC to return a slightly different URL in status calls than was originally provided by MC's DLNA server (when the same instance of MC was being used as the server and renderer). This caused undesirable behavior for some control points (i.e. PlugPlayer).
2. NEW: Blu-ray disc ripping.  Same requirements as for disc playback: must have ANYDVD HD or other Blu-ray reader software installed.
3. Changed: Media subtype of "Movie" is automatically set on all DVD/BD rips.
4. Fixed: When DVD and BD discs were swapped in and out of the drive several times, a Media Center crash could occur.
5. Changed: Nicer view header info when viewing BD & DVD discs.
6. Changed: DVD/BD rips bring up "Get Movie Info" dialog after clicking the Rip button if no meta-data has been entered for the movie.
7. Changed: When the media insertion dialog pops up for a DVD/BD and "Rip" is chosen, the rip action window appears allowing the user to modify the movie name rather than having the rip start up immediately.

16.0.170 (9/2/2011)

1. Fixed: Some WMV videos (for example the Windows 7 sample video Wildlife.wmv) wouldn't play on Android.
2. Changed: Red October will use EVR as the default renderer when it is available on XP (instead of VMR 9).
3. Changed: Software deinterlacing is disabled when using EVR in favor of the hardware-based deinterlacing that EVR provides.
4. Changed: The choice to rip a dvd as well as play the dvd is now presented when a DVD disc is inserted in the drive.

16.0.169 (9/1/2011)

1. Fixed: Movies weren't showing up under genre categories for Netflix in Theater View (Netflix had changed their genres).
2. Fixed: Closing the Smartlist editor while a drop box was open showing its content could lead to a crash.
3. Fixed: Rotten Tomatoes JSON parsing could hang when it encountered escaped quotation marks.
4. Fixed: DVD bookmark loading wasn't working in some cases.
5. Fixed: List style customization could present the wrong choices when using tree navigation of library views.
6. Fixed: Netflix TV series not adding to instant queue when requested (still have to restart MC before seeing them in the queue).

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 16.0.176 -- Latest Available Here
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 04:52:42 am »

is it normal to lose all of your connected media links upon upgrading to a new version.  having only just added a lot of local (aus) content last night, it is now all gone after update to 176??

thanks

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 05:56:20 am »

Bug: not import file video (analyzing files ......)

Why?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 07:34:48 am »

is it normal to lose all of your connected media links upon upgrading to a new version. 
No.  Are you using MC in a client/server mode?  With Library Server?  Clients don't save everything.

Vincent Kars

Categories
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 09:07:16 am »

A minor detail but I would love to see it fixed.
In Categories view each album has all the elements of the view exposed including “File” on a MouseOver if one select the top of the tree.

Any descendent inside the tree including "All" only shows Play on a MouseOver.
Would like to see the same elements as in de definition of the view

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 10:02:25 pm »

After migrating my Library and MC to a new laptop, when I rename files from properties to a new location MC now leaves behind empty folders.

It will delete the sub-folder that the files were directly inside, but not it's empty parent as MC has done for me previously.

Is this a Win7 issue? All else in my settings is the same I believe.
. . . the game is rigged

rjm

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 11:33:16 pm »

It will delete the sub-folder that the files were directly inside, but not it's empty parent as MC has done for me previously.
Is this a Win7 issue? All else in my settings is the same I believe.
I see this when I forget that I have the folder open with Explorer (or any other app).

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 02:16:47 am »

The (recently fixed) bug that crashes MC when you close smartlist editors with dropdowns is still present in .176...

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 08:32:59 am »

I see this when I forget that I have the folder open with Explorer (or any other app).

Thanks for the help rjm, this makes sense and I will try it next opportunity.

Yup, that did the trick.
Thanks again rjm.
. . . the game is rigged

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 10:49:50 am »

Bug or by design?  When I import an mpl file containing a relational field, the relational data is NOT propogated to other records as anticipated...  I'm sure this used to work not so many builds ago...?

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 08:52:56 pm »

Anybody else having issues with "Enable Automatic Display Settings Change"?

All my videos play using my current desktop settings. it never changes. I setup each profile to change refresh rate accordingly.

Also, similarly, switching resolutions using "C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC16.exe /monitorswitch 0:1920x1080x32x60" also does not work for me anymore.

Are these 2 connected somehow?

TIA,

AL

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 09:02:13 pm »

@Vincent Kars
It does show any applicable levels on a category thumbnail.

For example:
Genre thumbnail: Play Artists Albums File

Drill into a genre to an artist thumbnail:
Play Albums File

Please start a new thread if I'm not understanding, or if there's something special about your library view.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vincent Kars

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 04:18:37 pm »

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 11:28:38 am »

Yesterday I decided to upgrade Windows XP on my main machine to Windows 7 in order have MC16 perform better.
I didn't download CCCP etc. to be sure MC16 collects what it needs/wants.

It seems I can now use Red October without other filters and I have no stuttering anymore that I had in XP.
However I still have no good image size on my Samsung Galaxy S II using GIZMO. (latest)
It seems that it still doesn't want to stretch to both ends of the screen. It looks a little like a 4:3 movie.
The avi, mov, mp4 I tried are having the right sizes. I used in Client Options-->Video Conversion: none and mp4 (recommended for phones)
With mkv it worked in "none" but not in other filters. However DVD didn't work at all. With all filters I've tried I get wrong aspect ratios.

Two movies I've tried... ripped from DVD to vob/ifo

Is there something I could/should change or is this a problem that occurs to everybody?
I'm getting crazy not knowing what is wrong.  ?

wer

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 10:41:07 am »

There seems to be an issue with screensaver activation in 176.

See this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=66528.0

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 04:19:36 am »

jim, it was not a client, it was my main machine.  will let you know if it happens again.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 07:07:30 am »

Yesterday MC updated itself to 16.0.176 on my personal PC when I clicked on the MC 16 icon.  Today when I started MC 16, it no longer recognized the existence of my permanent library on that PC.  It erased the library files! (I was wrong.  The library files appear to be there but MC has lost the setting to point it to the drive D: location where my library files were kept.)

I can recover but screw-ups like this will make MC unusable for my wife. 

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up