INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Option to Change CD Track DB  (Read 1641 times)

jacky

• World Citizen
Option to Change CD Track DB
« on: July 21, 2011, 11:15:13 am »

Can an option to choose another CD Track list DB please be implemented? 

The default one sends out garbled chinese characters. 

However, when using dbPowerAMP CD Ripper which returns CD track listings from multiple DBs, All Media Guide, returns readable Chinese CD track listings.

But it is inconvenient to have to rip from dbPowerAMP before importing to JRiver MC. 

It would be much better if JRiver MC allows users to change the DB so CD ripping can be done in one step.  ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Option to Change CD Track DB
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 11:18:41 am »

No.  It's not simple.  Currently, we check YADB and FreeDB.

alvester

• Recent member
Re: Option to Change CD Track DB
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 12:44:16 pm »

I think jacky's suggestion if it could be implemented would be excellent. I find myself after ripping about every 4th or 5th CD using MC 16 having to either open Zune or Windows Media Player to get the correct or rest of the tagging info from their respective services. WMP's AMG database service seems to get the composer fields pretty accurately which MC 16 seems to mostly ignore. Also I've noticed with jazz classical music that MC 16's YADB database service will often times attribute one album to more than one artists via variations in spelling and/or nomenclature even if it is the same artist. For example a CD being ripped in MC 16 might have some tracks listed as "Count Basie" being the artist on some tracks while "The Count Basie Orchestra" might be listed on the others from the same CD. I've seen "Beethoven" and "Ludwig van Beethoven" being tagged as the artist within the same CD too.

This issue happens very often when using MC 16 with Jazz and Classical CD's for some reason but it only happens very rarely when using WMP 12 and/or Zune for ripping/tagging. It certainly would be an excellent feature to have an option when ripping that would allow users to chose a different database service when at points the YADB service is obviously incorrect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up