INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: prepend sequential numbers to filenames when burning  (Read 528 times)

twriter

I have a feature I'd love to see. Here's why. I have a nice CD-mp3 player in my car. However, the only order of mp3 files it recognizes is alphanumeric (not the "order" of, say, a playlist that is burned). The only way that I have been able to do this in the past is to copy the mp3 files I want to burn to a temporary folder, then manually add numbers to each file: 001_, 002_, etc. This is a tedious process.

I'd love it if an option were added to burning that would allow prepending numbers to the filenames. This of course would have to add some error-correcting mechanisms too, for filenames that would be made too long by the numbers (I think it truncates long filenames already, which is fine). This feature shoudl be "smart" enough to recognize that when <10 files are being written, only a single digit number needs to be prepended, when 10-99 files are bing written, only a two-digit number needs to be prepended, etc.

Of course this would be an option that could be turned on or off at will, and would not affect the ID3 tags of the files.

Alex

RE:Feature request: prepend sequential numbers to filenames when burning
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 08:23:58 pm »

I'm in the same boat (having an MP3 CD player in the car is great!). I just added a WishList item (460) for this.

I think for now I will change some of my file names to include the track number, that will at least ensure that album-by-album playing (where I care about the order) will work right.

-- Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up