INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media sorting  (Read 1486 times)

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
Media sorting
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:26:24 pm »

about media sorting with artists that begin with 'The', would be nice to be able to quick search the artist by typing 'SMASH' inside the artist and album art window to bring up smashing pumpkins, instead of having to type 'THE SMASH'. I have 'ignore articles (the, a, an)' marked, but doesn't ignore 'the' for quick typing search like it does in, *cough*, itunes.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media sorting
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:39:12 pm »

Quick Search (Ctrl+Q) finds The Smashing Pumpkins with "smash" for me.

Are you talking about this, or something else?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 10:00:48 pm »

Quick Search (Ctrl+Q) finds The Smashing Pumpkins with "smash" for me.

Are you talking about this, or something else?

Thanks.

Is something else.
say i've opened j river, click on artists on left side panel, then single click in the artist (album covers) view to hi-light that view and just start typing. e.g. 'S' will auto scroll to artists beginning with S. How it is now, if i start typing STONE ROSES, it wont scroll to stone roses, but something next the alphabet like STOP because i have to type THE STONE ROSES. this is the way i quicky get to the artist i want without having to use a search function. If you've used itunes, it is setup to ignore 'the' when quick typing in the artist view area.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 08:30:58 am »

I get the same behavior with Options > Tree & View > Sorting > Ignore Articles checked. I would expect the same thing that Blaine is asking for in this case.

In general, I'm never sure when the "alphabet jump" feature is going to work at all (ie, some views it works and others it doesn't at all). It could probably use some love on a slow day at JRiver headquarters.
Pages: [1]   Go Up