INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Relational "Album Rating" Field Issues  (Read 1551 times)

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
Relational "Album Rating" Field Issues
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:22:31 am »

I've created a relational "Album Rating" field and, about 90% of the time, it works fine with my albums which contain FLAC and JPG files (music + covers) - I tag 1 FLAC file and the rest of the FLACs and JPGs are automatically tagged.  But the rest of the time a rating applied to one file in the album will not populate all of the files - sometimes the artwork is left out and sometimes one or two of the tracks (and, yes - I'm absolutely sure the Artist and Album fields are identical for all the entries). 

I managed to get them all to work eventually by highlighting all of the files and temporarily entering a fake 'Album Artist' (and then deleting it), figuring the 'Album Artist' (auto)' field would take over but once even that didn't work and I *had* to type in the identical 'Artist Album (auto)' entry to get it to work.

The bottom-line is that I have no idea what I'm doing and why some things work some of the time but not always.  Is there a specific procedure you can specify so that when I come across these occurrences I can proceed with steps A-B-C-... and make it work 100% of the time.  Assume that I'm starting from the point where I'm positive that the 'Album' and 'Artist' fields are correct.  I'm also assuming that the 'Album Artist (auto)' field is always right by default.

Thanks.

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Relational "Album Rating" Field Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 11:36:48 am »

Bump?

Some help from JR?

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:24:34 pm »

Bump.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 06:20:31 pm »

Is there any trick to reproducing this?

Could you send me a library backup and instructions to see the issue?  I'm matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Gl3nn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 11:04:29 am »

I don't have one (a problem album) currently and, no, I have no idea how to force this to happen.

I've been grading my albums whenever I find time, so many per session, and have discovered that when this happens, if I shut down MC and repeat my steps (of entering a common 'Album Artist' name, for instance, to both audio and image tracks) it'll work.  So maybe there's some overflow or something after a period of time?

Like I said, it works most of the time.  But when it doesn't work, it's illogical.
Pages: [1]   Go Up