INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cd burning - track sequence/sorting issue  (Read 1459 times)

rhom

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
cd burning - track sequence/sorting issue
« on: September 21, 2011, 06:16:20 pm »

im putting tracks together to burn a cd so i select them and drag onto the cd drive (no cd in there yet), MC asks what type of cd i want to burn (audio) and i get a typical view.

when i was using MC15 this list was sorted by seq(uence) order, under MC16 its some stupid 4 field sort that appears to be name based but isnt.

the problem is that every time i move a track to put it in the sequence i want it resorts all the tracks back into the original order and re-sequences them making it utterly pointless and impossible for the purpose of burning an audio cd.

i can even shuffle the order and then it resorts back to the original order and re-sequences.

if i click in the seq field view header to sort by sequence that works, until i move a track, at which point the sort goes back to whatever it was before and the sequence is wrong again.

after clicking on any of the column headers to re-sort the view, pressing F5 will remove the current sorting and revert it to the original sort method - this does not happen for any other view i have in MC

is there some option ive missed in the upgrade or has this been screwed up?

the drive view is showing the album field as sort #2 and the track number as sort #4, sort #1 and #3 are not in the view.

if i click on "No disc in drive" dropdown in the top pane and select another sort order nothing happens to the sorting.

if i select "Customize view..." from that menu i dont really get anything useful, just a choice of "View As" which only has "File List"; and "Settings" options of "Load a view..." and "Save this view...".  you cannot customize the view from there (or anywhere else that i can find)

Media Center 16.0.176.0 Registered -- C:\Users\Public\Programs\J River\Media Center 16\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Intel Core 2 2416 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 4191 MB, Free - 2347 MB

Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6002 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6002 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6002 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-215   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-215   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-215    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-215    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

rhom

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: cd burning - track sequence/sorting issue
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 08:07:57 pm »

so no one has tried to burn an audio cd and re-arrange the tracks? because it seems to be impossible.  even if you have a blank cd in there every time you move a track it just re-orders them alphabetically again.

the seq field is being utterly ignored.  i can click on the seq column header but if i move a single track to a different position the view refreshes and is no longer seq sorted.

im not sure how youre supposed to setup the tracks in the order you want to burn an audio cd any more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up