INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something I Learned Today - How to Clarify Stock  (Read 1107 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Something I Learned Today - How to Clarify Stock
« on: September 24, 2011, 12:21:03 pm »

How to Clarify Stock

Instructions:

1. To clarify stock, first strain. Strain stock by ladling it through a colander or sieve lined with 1 or 2 layers of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth; discard bones, vegetables, and seasonings.

2. Separate an egg (discard the yolk or save for another use). In a small bowl, combine the egg white and 1/4 cup cold water.

3. Stir the mixture into the hot, strained stock. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. (As the egg white cooks, it will coagulate and trap fine particles from the stock.)

4. Place a large sieve or colander lined with several layers of damp 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth over a large bowl. Pour the stock through the cloth to strain out the particles and egg white.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Something I Learned Today - How to Clarify Stock
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 12:21:29 pm »

To clarify stock for clear soup, removing solid flecks that are too small to be strained out with cheesecloth, follow this method. Separate the egg white from the egg yolk, and reserve the shell. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup cold water, egg white, and crushed eggshell. Add to strained stock, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Strain again through a sieve lined with cheesecloth.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up