INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on library network setup  (Read 947 times)

simonmason

• World Citizen
Advice on library network setup
« on: September 25, 2011, 08:10:05 am »

I just recently upgraded from MC 12 to 16.  I know, took long enough!  I have installed a copy on my media server and also on one client.  I have a bunch of playlists on the client that I want to put on the server.  I tried copying, connecting to the server, and pasting, but this did not work.  Do I have to export and import them? 

Also, I am assuming that when all is setup I can have the client connect only to the network library on the media server and keep one copy of the library, is that correct?  Thanks.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Advice on library network setup
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:52:15 am »

What you have to do is to make a library backup of your MC12 library and restore this on the server. Then activate media server under Options and connect from the Client to the server with the access key given under options. The backup restore should contain your playlists. If not, you can copy this from a folder of your current client I think.

After the restore you'll probably have to go through a few options to get it to behave the same way that MC12 did. It's best to get the server up and running before you remove anything from the client. That way, you can check the MC12 settings and apply them to MC16. After the server is set up the way you want, you can uninstall MC12 and install MC16 and connect it to the server with the Key. You don't HAVE to delete MC12 though. But it will not be deleted if you upgrade I think.

Remember to also use a path to the media that your client can also access (URL or a mapped drive perhaps). This will make it quicker to start bigger video files.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up