INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: More Gizmo work :)  (Read 1607 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Request: More Gizmo work :)
« on: August 08, 2011, 12:34:50 am »

Would love to see more work on Gizmo. Specifically, a tablet interface to tempt me to buy a tablet :)

Tablet could include:
Tagging ability. Long press on a tile to bring up a "Tag" option which then opens up a list of most common or favorite Categories.
Viewscheme editing. The ability to edit viewschemes on the device instead of having to do it on the server.
Info pane. A pane that can show more detailed info about an artist, song or film. Viewable in Playing now too.

Standard App:
At least the ability to rate files.

park

• MC Beta Team
Re: Request: More Gizmo work :)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 12:35:39 am »

Another very important one:

When gizmo is in playback mode, it should insert a notification in the notification area so that we can quickly click on it to jump to Playing Now at any time after leaving the app.

Another great feature would be a Playing Now widget, and/or Lock screen controls. Look at PlayerPro to see how great that can be.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 02:59:07 pm »

Another very important one:

When gizmo is in playback mode, it should insert a notification in the notification area so that we can quickly click on it to jump to Playing Now at any time after leaving the app.

Another great feature would be a Playing Now widget, and/or Lock screen controls. Look at PlayerPro to see how great that can be.

Good ideas, especially rating tracks.

In addition, I'd like to see the ability to use the transport controls from the lock screen, like you can with the stock music app.  You don't have to unlock the phone to pause or skip a song; VERY handy feature.
pretend this is something funny

park

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 04:21:46 am »

Another one:

I have requested in another thread for Playing Now to use maximum internet bandwidth whilst it is within internet range to Pre-download as many of the items in it as possible (and keep them cached until Playing Now is cleared or replaced with something else). This would help those of us trying to use Gizmo whilst commuting through tunnels or underground.

Another alternative would be if we could long press on a file to download it for offline access, and have a special playlist in the app for us to see and manage these offline access files. This is similar to how I believe the apple iCloud is set to work.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:11:36 am »

I would love such an offline option. Would let me pick out some movies to watch on the next trip, and when i get back home i just pick some new ones, without manually transfering files over (which might need manual transcoding, too!)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

flac.rules

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 12:24:55 pm »

I would like to be able to add custom functions, so i can add buttons for zone changes and so on. The best would be to be able to assign ann NCC-command too a custom button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up