INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music syncing and the dreaded "Over Capacity" error.  (Read 900 times)

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
Music syncing and the dreaded "Over Capacity" error.
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:31:35 pm »

That's something that has been bothering me a lot in the past years, but i encountered it today again because i re-synced my entire music collection back to my android phone and i thought i write about this.

When transfering music to handhelds, MC wont take external encoder options into account when calculating the needed space. I'm transfering about 1700songs which are re-encoded to m4a (HE-AAC 64kbps using NeroAACEnc) into my android phone. The whole transfer wont consume more than 3.5GBs but since MC can't calculate the space requirements when using an external encoder, it thinks that that the whole transfer will use 67GBs of space and pops a dialog asking me to remove the excess files, forcing me to repeat the sync again and again and again, untill all files get transfered.

What i need, is an option to bypass that dialog, a "continue anyway" button so it will allow me to transfer all my songs back to my handheld, since i'm pretty confident that i have enough free memory for the process.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
Re: Music syncing and the dreaded "Over Capacity" error.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 09:35:54 am »

Bump!

JimH, Matt..anyone ?:P
Pages: [1]   Go Up